Thread: Toy review - Kingdom Tracks

Default Toy review - Kingdom Tracks

Kingdom Tracks
    Series - Generations
    Sub-line - War For Cybertron: Kingdom
    Size/class - Deluxe
    New/remould/redeco - New
    Wave - 3
    Released here - Yes (EB Games, Zing, Amazon so far)
    Approximate Retail Price - $40
    Approximate Size - 13cm
    Allegiance - Autobot
    Alt-mode - Earth mode sports car inspired by Corvette
    Main Gimmick - flying car mode
    Main Accessories - guns

Tracks is very G1 toon accurate, and looks good in all three modes. However, the hip joints are loose and floppy, and the leg panels don't hold together well. Transformation was a bit scary at first, considering that the majority of car panels are made with translucent plastic. However, after transforming him a couple of times I got used to the transformation and it did feel much smoother and easier. He is not as well engineered as the other WFC and SS86 cars, but he looks so toon accurate and charming I can't help but like him.

The leg transformation is similar to Masterpiece Tracks, including the floating feet. I love MP Tracks so I like KD Tracks, but if you hate MP's feet, well...

The fender panels not tabbing at all well in the robot's lower legs is present in all copies I believe. There is slightly too much play where the blue panel attaches to the white part inside the leg - the rivet there allows sideways movement and the white plastic is soft and deformable. It's not so much that the side tab on the grey shin panel is too short, but some have tried to thicken this tab. My copy is ok actually - it doesn't really tab in (more a bump in the road) but the joints overall are tight enough to allow posing without things moving out of place.

I see that your copy has no gap between the front fenders and the bonnet in car mode, unlike mine. That's another common issue, where the hexagonal slots just don't bite the round tabs at the front of the car - probably fixable by thickening the slots with nail varnish or similar.

My hips were a bit loose moving front/back, very easy to get varnish into if you wanted to, but still solid enough to allow posing.

The worst thing is the risk of breaking the translucent plastic tabs that join the sections of the hood together in front of the windscreen when transforming from car to robot. The instructions say to simply separate them but they snap lock into place when going from robot to car. I found a youtube video that might make this step less blood-sweating. Even separating the lower doors (the forearms) requires a bit of force.

The face is gorgeous but the factory worker who paints the eyes is a bit erratic. My copy had a paint defect on one eye, which I had to repaint very carefully by brush. And looking at lots of youtube videos, there are many with obvious eye blemishes.

I wish they reversed the orientation of the red "Y" on his forearms though. And then there's that stupid serial number on his right shin, front and centre, when they could have printed it on the inner lower leg (like the etched one on his left leg).

The blue paint for the translucent top part is very slightly different shade to the molded blue plastic but barely noticeable (not Earthrise Sunstreaker bad!)

Don't forget to swap the tail fins left for right and right for left as every copy I've seen has them on the wrong sides (Kingdom Road Rage included). They just pop out/in by hand.

Overall, I love this guy, even with his faults, because I think he is the most G1 accurate figure ever made, outside of MP Tracks.
    Last edited by Skyfire; 2nd September 2021 at 11:34 AM.

Getting the windscreen to lock into place was daunting, I’ve not tired concerting back yet.

Overall Tracks feels more like a Studio Series figure than a WFC toy, complete with so much car shell on his back. He feels a bit small/light too.

Tracks has been one I've been waiting for. A shame he isn't perfect. I've put some blu tack behind his shins in bot mode to make his legs a bit more solid. He looks great with the other bots and happy to finally have him.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Getting the windscreen to lock into place was daunting, I’ve not tired concerting back yet.
    Converting from robot to car was more scary but more straight forward (a quick forceful motion and the windscreen snaps into place - brute force required).
    Converting from car to robot was less scary but more involved (taking the time to carefully wiggle and massage the parts to disconnect the windscreen - no brute force required).

My Tracks doesn't have the loose hips some have encountered. That said, my Road Rage does have loose hips.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister