Thread: Hello

Default Hello

I only recently learnt that this forum existed so here I am. I've been a fan of the franchise since I was a kid. Grew up with the unicron trilogy (mainly cybertron). I was born way after G1 had aired but it was also a pretty big part of my childhood because it was the only transformers related media they had. I'll admit that the recent shows like the netflix trilogy haven't really been to my liking. I'm currently watching some Japanese G1 entries, particularly Victory, and that show is just incredible. It's very cheesy and definitely a departure from 1984 G1 so it's definitely a bit of an acquired taste. I've also been trying to catch up on mtme and I'm liking what I've read so far.

As for collecting, I've been this addicted to plastic crack even before I could speak my first words. I stopped collecting in the middle of high school because it wasn't 'cool' anymore and video games had taken over. Recently lockdown has reignited my passion for collecting and currently I'm collecting mainly G1 mp. Given how pricy mp is though, the collection has been growing incredibly slowly. I've started to branch into collecting some 3p stuff, primarily for characters that will probably never be made. I know 3p can be a bit of a morally questionable topic so I'll keep to myself.

That's about it from me.

Welcome!

The MP line is a great way to keep some focus to your collection.

However, the Generations WFC and Studio Series lines have also been amazing if you are looking for affordable, G1 style transformers.

Hi there and good hunting to you.

Agree with Seraphim. The mainline offerings have been so good overall, while MP has been so expensive, plus the greater mainline range, that some collectors have sold off their MPs and are just going CHUG. I like my MPs too but I can see why the cost-to-benefit ratio deters many and pushes some to 3rd party. I'm not a 3P supporter, but the other guys here have fun in the Unauthorised Transformers Products section .

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim Prime View Post
    Welcome!

The MP line is a great way to keep some focus to your collection.

However, the Generations WFC and Studio Series lines have also been amazing if you are looking for affordable, G1 style transformers.
    Yeah I've been having second thoughts about the mp route. Outside of price, these things have next to no playability. I feel like I'm actively discouraged from messing with them in fear of breaking something or scraping off some paint. Speaking of playability, I've been considering selling my small collection of mp figures and going all in on the Diaclone reboot. Those things are bloody pricy as well but they do look like a lot more fun.