Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: USPS not delivering to Australia

Mine shows it's been through Hong Kong maybe 5 days ago on the USPS tracking, but it's not showing up on the Auspost tracking yet.

Oh dear - I have something non TF coming from the US - it's gone via Germany, but hasn't moved since August 31... not good...

JJJ is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by llamatron View Post
    Mine shows it's been through Hong Kong maybe 5 days ago on the USPS tracking, but it's not showing up on the Auspost tracking yet.
    I have a bunch of items on the way from China that are taking somewhat longer than usual to get here too. Might be connected to the huge port blockages in Asia about now. One particular item supposedly left Shanghai (international departure) in mid-August, then re-appeared last week in Guangzhou. It has now departed internationally again It might have arrived in Australia today, but I'm not sure how to interpret "airline reception".

I think it's fair to say that COVID disruption has now definitely hit postal services.

Hmmm.

I just checked on an item I got on E-bay yesterday. E-bay has stated that their global shipping (hack, spit) won't be affected, so I went with someone who uses it, gritting my teeth and paying their extortion.

I now have both a global shipping tracking number and a USPS tracking number. Uhhhh...? On the plus side, not only has it been accepted by USPS (apparently), it is actually moving through the system as usual.

From what i understand, USPS use commercial passenger flights to transport - and there are little to no flights comming into Australia. Where as DHL & FedEX have their own dedicated cargo flights i believe?

Just FYI, anybody waiting on a USPS delivery - my 'express' shipping from BBTS sent on the 28th July didnt arrive until Thurs the 9th September... so 6 weeks USA to Perth.

According to tracking it moved along fairly normally until it arrived at an intermediate airport in Hong Kong on the 14th August & stated 'delayed awaiting flight'. It stayed that way until the 7th September when it touched down in Au (and the tracking changed to 'departed' on the 14th August, which im quite certain it didnt - pretty sure it sat in HK for 3 weeks waiting for a flight).

Quote Originally Posted by FAPOS View Post
    From what i understand, USPS use commercial passenger flights to transport - and there are little to no flights comming into Australia. Where as DHL & FedEX have their own dedicated cargo flights i believe?
    Did not know that. Makes sense.

I completely forgot i have a parcel in transit from TFSource until i saw this thread.

USPS accepted it on 16/08 in Nevada, and it passed through various USPS regional distribution centres, and finally left Los Angeles 22/08.

The tracking shows no updates since then. Wondering whether i should be worried at this stage.

Quote Originally Posted by FAPOS View Post
    Just FYI, anybody waiting on a USPS delivery - my 'express' shipping from BBTS sent on the 28th July didnt arrive until Thurs the 9th September... so 6 weeks USA to Perth.
    I had a gaming-related item arrive last week - it took three months from USA to Perth.

Quote Originally Posted by JJJ View Post
    Hmmm.

I just checked on an item I got on E-bay yesterday. E-bay has stated that their global shipping (hack, spit) won't be affected, so I went with someone who uses it, gritting my teeth and paying their extortion.

I now have both a global shipping tracking number and a USPS tracking number. Uhhhh...? On the plus side, not only has it been accepted by USPS (apparently), it is actually moving through the system as usual.
    I worked out what all this meant, by the simple act of sitting back and waiting

It appears that it works like this - item is bought from e-bay by person who uses GSP. Item is posted via USPS to GSP (and so gets a USPS tracking number). Item is handed off to GSP (Pitney Bowes) in Kentucky. GSP deals with international delivery, with their own tracking number.

Quote Originally Posted by High_Q View Post
    I completely forgot i have a parcel in transit from TFSource until i saw this thread.

USPS accepted it on 16/08 in Nevada, and it passed through various USPS regional distribution centres, and finally left Los Angeles 22/08.
    Just collected my parcel from Auspost. So, mine took 1 month from USA to VIC.