View Poll Results: Do you keep your Transformers manuals?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • I keep all my manuals.

16 80.00%
  • I keep some of my manuals.

3 15.00%
  • They all go in the recycling.

1 5.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you keep your Transformers manuals?

Default Do you keep your Transformers manuals?

In the quest to reclaim space I'm considering putting manuals for my mass-market figures in the recycling.

So I was wondering how many of you actually keep manuals for your Transformers?
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

I look at those special offer pamphlets I got with my G1 toys ("Reinforcements from Cybertron" - for Powerdasher, Omnibots and Autobot watch) and original G1 manuals/catalogues and I'm glad I kept all of that documentation - memories and historical items.

And that's why I have 50 of those "Small parts may be generated" slips written in 30 languages. Does that answer your question? Hahahahaha! (I should probably just keep one of each variant of those slips...or maybe just one... or maybe none since I'm over 3 years of age).

But then I'm the guy who keeps Target/Kmart/Big W/Myer catalogue clippings from almost 40 years ago.

Hmm, maybe I should seek help .

I stopped keeping packaging, but I keep the instructions. I just wish I had a better filing/storage system for them.

(They don't take up that much space)

Yep. I use a few $5 expander files from Kmart.

For the most part, no. Pretty much any modern instructions go in the bin.
    I've kept some from RID2001 and Armada for nostalgia. In the case of most G1 reissues I will ditch the box, but keep the bag with instructions and accessories together rather than letting all the accessories get mixed up together in a pile.
    If I ever get stuck with a toy I just refer to YouTube anyway, my brain finds it hard to follow instructions on paper for some reason.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

Yeah, I keep the cardbacks/flattened boxes and instructions, just in case I ever end up selling them and people want the extra bits. The instructions are good for a friend's kids as well, they're pretty good re. how bits work and know to Handle With Care but having the instructions as backup options is still helpful sometimes.

That said I prefer to buy loose/used, so a lot of them don't have instructions anyway.

I've kept all my manuals - previously they were kept in plastic sleeves in ring-binder folders, but the recent fold-out style instruction sheet has made that difficult. Currently the more recent ones are organised in a shoe box until I can work out how to file them properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    Yep. I use a few $5 expander files from Kmart.
    Me too. Two for TF and one for LEgo in my cupboard at the moment. Also handy for the collector cards, Reprolabels and MP coins.

I keep all the instructions, in little zip lock bags (grouping by theme/line)... but a file expander is a good idea !

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    I stopped keeping packaging, but I keep the instructions. I just wish I had a better filing/storage system for them.

(They don't take up that much space)
    I do the same, but I'm not even going to pretend that I have a filing/storage system