Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Golden disc collection revealed

My advice about ordering from Hasbro Pulse UK + freight forwarder still applies to Terrorsaur.
    I am hoping that Amazon AU comes through, but have ordered through Pulse UK as a backup in case.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogboy View Post
    Terrorsaur has now been revealed. Either he is like Jackpot and won't ship to Aus, or has sold out as well.

Amazon Listing for Terrorsaur
    It isn't sold out, if I select another country the listing appears as available. It will ship to NZ though for example.

Quote Originally Posted by GALVATOM View Post
    It isn't sold out, if I select another country the listing appears as available. It will ship to NZ though for example.
    Yeah they're determined not to ship Jackpot or Terrorsaur here - at least for the time being.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

I imagine it'll eventually be available for sale on Amazon Australia. The Galactic Odyssey Collection was available, so why not this?
    I'll update this when I'm needing help finding particular figures

I still have my Amazon AU preorder of Jackpot from back when everything was accidentally listed. I really would like to be able to add Ranger, Puffer and Terrorsaur to my preorders locally.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogboy View Post
    Terrorsaur has now been revealed. Either he is like Jackpot and won't ship to Aus, or has sold out as well.

Amazon Listing for Terrorsaur
    It is like Jackpot, in that it will ship to a US address... so two can and two cant. Weird.

I have emailed Hasbro Australia to ask them to have the Amazon Australia listings put back up, now that they have been officially revealed.

So all four packs are being released on the same day - March 1st in America, which is nice to get a full set all at once, but means a big dollar hit all at once... but then again, if you are pre-ordering a lot of items that are spread out over several months, you still end up with several items dropping at the same time from different toy series which is still a big hit to the wallet anyway.

Terrorsaur is us$23, same price as Jackpot, who had the extra Battlemaster, which would be about us$5.

The interesting thing with Terrorsaur is that it is almost entirely a new mould... which is a rarity for a limited edition figure, as it would cost more per unit to make each unit from the new moulds.
    Unless there is some internal mechanics that has been recycled, it looks to only be reusing the forearms and lower legs of Airazor, and having a similar transformation.
    It is something that we've seen happen a few times since Combiner Wars, from designing these toys by computer to help swap over parts and replicate engineering.

This will be a great addition to the Beast Wars side of the Kingdom toyline, as it will just leave Tarantulas left to be done as a Kingdom toy of the original cast of 10 in the Beast Wars toyline... so hopefully we are getting one.
    (and for the entire season one cast of 14, it just leaves Inferno and Tarantulas that are still unknowns)

Terrorsaur comes with a golden disk.... which I think could just be one of the two disks that come with The Ark toy.

CHAPTER 4: THE TERRORFYING CONCLUSION: Rather than perishing in a pool of lava, the lava protects Terrorsaur is infused with powerful lava energy that gives him the ability to breathe fire! He plots to travel back in time with his incredible new powers and take his rightful place as ruler of the Predecons!
    COMPLETE YOUR GOLDEN DISK COLLECTION: Packaging features a part of a Golden Disk graphic. Collect this pack along with the other 3 Golden Disk Collection packs to complete the graphic! (Each sold separately. Subject to availability)
    CLASSIC CONVERSION AND WEAPONS: Terrorsaur figure converts to pterodactyl mode in 22 steps. Includes Golden Disk (Voyager) and blaster accessories
    I really like the sculpting beast head on Terrorsaur, but it is a shame that the main beast body is so modular, with a lot of flat edges and gaps.

The Terrorsaur product page on Amazon America has the complete story behind this set of four packs... and to me it is very confusing... almost like they probably didn't even need to worry about a story. It actually gave me flashbacks to some of the less popular FunPub BotCon stories developed for the 12+ assortment of convention toys each year.

Scorponok and all other Maximals and Predacons on Earth aren’t so lucky. Except one…Tigatron. When Terrorsaur discovers the Mutant Tigatron, he seizes the opportunity to form an alliance with the now ferocious warrior, setting a plan in motion to travel back in time and fulfill his true destiny. With his incredible new power and the terrifying Mutant Tigatron as his second-in-command, he can eliminate Megatron and take his rightful place as ruler of the Predacons!

Terrorsaur, using the Golden Disk, discovers Tarantulas had installed a Transwarp cell inside the Decepticon ship, the Nemesis…but where is the ship…?

Meanwhile, the Autobots Jackpot, Sights, Road Ranger and Puffer, who have been pulled to prehistoric Earth from various times and locations in space, learn of his plot and join forces to stop Terrorsaur. If they can locate the Nemesis ship first, they can prevent Terrorsaur from executing his plan and use the ship to travel back in time themselves, preventing the surge and putting everything right again.

Just as Terrorsaur and Tigatron finally locate the Nemesis, they're attacked from behind! It's the Autobots! Autobots? Tigatronimmediately begins to fight. Terrorsaur, though stunned to see members of a faction he thought long dead, quickly takes flight to counter their attacks.

In the chaos of battle, Terrorsaurdrops the Golden Disk. Tigatronraces over to retrieve it for his commander, but when he touches it something happens. The memories of the noble, nature-loving Tigatron come flooding back. He remembers everything. And he knows what he has to do.

He turns on Terrorsaur, helping the Autobots defeat the evil Predacon. When the battle is done, Tigatronexplains to the confused, yet grateful, Autobots who he is and what he thinks happened to him and what got them all here. The new allies realize that even if they go back in time, the quantum surge is still coming, it will still wipe out everyone. The only way they can save the future is by figuring out a way to suppress the blast.

Mightily disappointed by Terrasaur tbh, and also kind of annoyed that he didn't get a new mold (as a season 1 show character).
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyMcShark View Post
    Mightily disappointed by Terrasaur tbh, and also kind of annoyed that he didn't get a new mold (as a season 1 show character).
    I don't mind the reuse of the Kingdom Airazor mould because the original toys were similar as well. They weren't the same but if you swapped the tail/head around on one and simply re-positioned the arms/legs in beast mode you'd have almost the same transformation as the other.

I'm more annoyed by the execution. I'm not a fan of the beast mode. The robot mode is at least nice enough.
    I'm sure I've seen a custom though where they took kingdom Airazor and reversed the direction of the beast mode like above.
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

Man, I'm okay with variant characters and obscure repaints/retools being store/Pulse exclusives. But an important main cast character like Terrorsaur really ought to be made available at general retail and not an exclusive with limited stock and sketchy international availability.

Ugh. First figure I've really felt strongly that I wanted that ended up like this. I've used freight forwarders before but the cost for most of them is frankly obscene for the service they provide and is probably worse now than the last time I used one a couple years back. Guess I'll just be hoping I can jump on a domestic Amazon listing or praying some other stores get hold of them and keep the price reasonable. What a pain.

So preordered Terrorsaur and Jackpot to get via mail forwarder, Rager/Puffer directly to here. Annoying. But if they show up on local Amazon or elsewhere I'll cancel these, good to have backups