Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Golden disc collection revealed

Seems Jackpot and Ranger Puffer packs have been sent from Amazon US too. Sweet.

My RAnger and Puffer got charged last night from Amazon US. Waiting on Jackpot to ship from Amazon AU now. Also hopefully Terrorsaur ships soon from Amazon US for me.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Got a shipping notice from Robot Kingdom for my Terrorsaur order yesterday. Seems weirdly early given the listing states "Available March 2022" so uhhh, I guess we'll see?

That's 3 of the 4 sets released in or near December in at least 3 different regions of the world (US/CAN, UK and SG/HK)... despite all four packs being listed for March next year (three months time).

That's really weird, because when they were being revealed in the final four days of September (just 2 months ago), they would have already been manufactured and in some form of transit from Asia (factoring in the shipping logistics delays in countries like America of at least a few weeks), to be processed through the distributors and retailers in each of those countries.
    I wonder if Hasbro has decided to just release them as soon as possible (instead of sit on them until March) to make up a shortfall in sales of other lines that are delayed in transit from the factories.

And I never got a reply back from Hasbro Australia about what happened to their release here... or if they are coming here at all anymore (as they were originally planned to be).

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    My RAnger and Puffer got charged last night from Amazon US. Waiting on Jackpot to ship from Amazon AU now. Also hopefully Terrorsaur ships soon from Amazon US for me.
    Has your Jackpot order vanished? I can't seem to find mine anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Tranceblade View Post
    Has your Jackpot order vanished? I can't seem to find mine anymore
    No, mine is still there. But it is so old I need to switch views to see it.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

In-hand pics of Mutant Tigatron.

It looks like all four packs are out now, in Asia at least.

JJJ is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Jackpot arrived today.

The colour matching is, in person, pretty much what I expected. Yes, the two yellows (plastic and paint) are visibly different in ordinary light, but it's not hugely different or glaring (for those wondering, the difference is more pronounced than for Sunstreaker). Not even remotely a big deal to me.

The head... From the front, it is almost perfect. The two halves are ever-so-slightly mismatched, but I notice it only because I've seen the worse samples; did I not know that there was a flaw in the mould, I would find it simply to be within acceptable deviation for repeated castings.

The back of the head is baffling. As you've no doubt seen, the two halves are greatly mismatched (although, again, it isn't as bad on my copy as it is on pictures I've seen, and we're talking about something that you almost need to magnify to see). Not really sure how it has happened, given that the design is all done digitally, and so will be the mould cutting. It's almost as if, somewhere between finalisation of the CAD file and irrevocable cutting of the mould, someone accidentally fat-fingered a very slight scale change for the right half of the head... and yet it isn't that, because it is only the back of the head that has been scaled down. Well, that and there's some visible warping, as if the original sculpt (had it been made physically) melted a little. Bewildering.

Oh, and of course there's no cracking whatsoever on the translucent plastic (the colour of which is really making me want some Lucozade...).

Has anyone else here gotten a Terrorsaur? Mine arrived today and the outermost sections of the wings were just loose rattling around in the box. Not a great first impression of the figure, but he's pretty nice. But really should be a general retail figure.