Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Golden disc collection revealed

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Phoenix View Post
    I don't mind the reuse of the Kingdom Airazor mould because the original toys were similar as well. They weren't the same but if you swapped the tail/head around on one and simply re-positioned the arms/legs in beast mode you'd have almost the same transformation as the other.

I'm more annoyed by the execution. I'm not a fan of the beast mode. The robot mode is at least nice enough.
    I'm sure I've seen a custom though where they took kingdom Airazor and reversed the direction of the beast mode like above.
    I guess the main thing that gets me is the lack of chest transformation.

its just a robot hunching with a dinosaur cape now. At least AirRazor had the chest/bird head part of the transformation to work through.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyMcShark View Post
    I guess the main thing that gets me is the lack of chest transformation.

its just a robot hunching with a dinosaur cape now. At least AirRazor had the chest/bird head part of the transformation to work through.
    Agreed. Looking at Airazor as well I don't think it'd need much additional tooling changes to reverse the direction of the beast mode either.
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyMcShark View Post
    its just a robot hunching with a dinosaur cape now.
    Sounds like the original Terrorsaur toy! But this one looks like the cartoon guy so well.

I'm really looking forward to this one. It's the only one of this collection that's a must get.

I think Terrorsaur should have been a regular retail toy and the redeco Lazorbeak should have been in the Golden Disk set.

Robot mode is so goooood! I dont like the beast head but i guess its show accurate. Cant wait for the group shots of the full cast

Robotkingdom taking preorders now for 3 sets -no Jackpot

JJJ is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

All four sets are now available for order at The Falcon's Hangar. Just got a Jackpot. Thanks to Aussiedzfan over at TFW2005

It looks like Amazon Canada has released their Jackpot figures too early by accident, as it has started shipping out four months before it should have (still scheduled for March 1st on Amazon America).

Anyway, some photos are up already, showing some issues with the mis-matched yellows (like a recent Sunstreaker toy), and defective heads (if you look closely at the top of the head, the head halves are a little off-center).

Well, given the way they show Sunstreaker side-by-side with Jackpot (the toys appear to have almost the exact same shades of yellow, both plastic and paint), I'm not going to worry about the colour matching. I have Sunstreaker, and find the issue greatly over-blown by digital reproduction and display; the colours aren't that different to the human eye in normal lighting.

The head, though, is a bit of a worry...

Fortunately, not all of them have a malformed head. Not perfect, but not anywhere near as bad as in the pictures linked above

Which is good to know, as my Jackpot just arrived at The Falcon's Hangar.