Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Recolour Movie toy for Sequel toyline? (spoilers)

Quote Originally Posted by FFN View Post
    Ouch. TF08 used Seibertron's photo and edited out Ryan's watermark with their own. That's not cool.
    Not only that but they've been telling off all the board for posting THEIR pics!

You're kidding me. Geez.
    http://www.tfwiki.net, the Transformers Wiki - Serious intellectual discussion about transforming space robots.

That Wreckage repaint needs to be named Stryker. Do it Hasbro, dammit.

I could see it being called Roadbuster though, what with Animated Ultra Magnus' repaint getting that title recently. You know 'Trademark security' and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    ...is Hasbro going to be padding out the new movie line with recolours from the start, instead of waiting for later assortments?
    There are several Movie figures that didn't get a repaint, Wreckage included. I think we'll certainly see those repainted as early filler for RotF line, with repaints of the newer molds toward the end.

I wonder how the parents will feel, when they think about buying TF2 toys for their kids, and realise they are so similar to the TF1 toys...

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    I wonder how the parents will feel, when they think about buying TF2 toys for their kids, and realise they are so similar to the TF1 toys...
    I doubt they'll know the difference (or similarities)

Roberto Orci said that Hasbro argued against making minor changes to the designs of the returning Movie characters so that parents wouldn't have to buy toys that are only slightly different to what their children already own.
    http://www.tfwiki.net, the Transformers Wiki - Serious intellectual discussion about transforming space robots.

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by FFN View Post
    Roberto Orci said that Hasbro argued against making minor changes to the designs of the returning Movie characters so that parents wouldn't have to buy toys that are only slightly different to what their children already own.
    More of the mis-information campaign?

I guess if the kids are smart they'd probably know the diference. personaly I'm not fussed about this slightly modded Bumblebee. I'd rather buy all new TF characters than the same one over and over again! I have more than enough Prime's thank you Hasbro.

I might make an exception for that Wreckage repaint though.

If they're going to be releasing most of the original movie toys with only slight changes, then that's good for people who didn't pick them up in the first place. I found myself wanting Ironhide the other day, so I may possibly pick up the inevitable re-release when it shows up.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverDragon View Post
    If they're going to be releasing most of the original movie toys with only slight changes, then that's good for people who didn't pick them up in the first place. I found myself wanting Ironhide the other day, so I may possibly pick up the inevitable re-release when it shows up.
    Very true.

it also means that the if you collected the first movie line, you'll have more spare dosh for buying the new character toys.

Also gives parents the chance to buy their kids any toys that may have been broken or lost in the last 18 months-2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by JayDisc
    Not only that but they've been telling off all the board for posting THEIR pics!
    Yeah that hasn't gone down really well at all. He is now claiming that he hasn't stolen pics either. Seems that he has banned all the boards from taking pics, Allspark and TFW are having similar issues.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)