Thread: Hall of Fame 2021 voting until OCT 19th

Default Hall of Fame 2021 voting until OCT 19th

This year's Hall of Fame fan-vote is now up, for just a week. (ends October 19th in America, so make sure you vote before the 19th here just to be sure)

The focus this year is the Beast Wars cartoon and the Kingdom toyline, with fans to vote on the next two characters to be inducted into the Hall of Fame.
    (five of the Beast Wars cartoon characters are already in the HOF (Megatron, Waspinator, Blackarachnia, Optimus Primal, Dinobot), and since they are included again this year, Hasbro Marketing mustn't care about anything previously voted on for the HOF)

From the Transformers facebook page, a link to the fan-vote page, which asks two simple questions.
    (the fan-vote "survey" is a google doc, so hopefully it isn't geoblocked to anyone who doesn't have a google/gmail account)

1 - Which Beast Wars character from Season 1 of the computer-animated television series, Beast Wars: Transformers should be inducted into the Transformers Hall of Fame?

2 - Which character from the 2021 TRANSFORMERS War for Cybertron Kingdom toy line should be inducted into the Transformers Hall of Fame?

That's one way of officially announcing the final five releases in the Kingdom line are going to be

Deluxe WFC-K31 Shadow Panther
    Deluxe WFC-K32 Autobot Pipes
    Deluxe WFC-K33 Autobot Slammer
    Deluxe WFC-K34 Waspinator
    Voyager WFC-K35 Tigatron

Yes some of these toys are already in stores, orderable and in apps, but I'm pretty sure Hasbro hasn't announced them before this?

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Yes some of these toys are already in stores, orderable and in apps, but I'm pretty sure Hasbro hasn't announced them before this?
    Correct. Even going so far as having preorder listings with official images removed from Amazon (and other sites) for Pipes, Slammer and Tigatron. Weird.
    Then boom here they are mentioned in the fan poll, but as griffin said, some of the BW characters have been added to the hall of fame already, so clearly this was poorly thought out/communicated within Hasbro.
    Mistake or not, it technically counts as the first official mention of Pipes, Slammer and Tigatron. Also technically, Pipes is a repaint of Golden Disk Puffer and Tigatron is a repaint of the Golden Disk Tigatron, since those were announced first.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post

1 - Which Beast Wars character from Season 1 of the computer-animated television series, Beast Wars: Transformers should be inducted into the Transformers Hall of Fame?

2 - Which character from the 2021 TRANSFORMERS War for Cybertron Kingdom toy line should be inducted into the Transformers Hall of Fame?
    Very poor questions. I thought to myself, isn't dinobot already in there?
    As for #2, I just assumed when they say character they meant toy, as the cartoon of Kingdom had no character
    Shots fired

In case anyone missed the announcement at PulseCon last weekend, the winners of the fan-vote were Beast Wars Inferno for Cartoon Cast Member, and Beast Wars Voyager Tigatron for Kingdom toy. The wording of the winners doesn't say "best", and I find it really surprising and strange that a toy that hasn't actually been properly released yet won over toys that people own and know... so I think there must have been a fair bit of petitioning or involvement by more active minorities who maybe wanted an outcome that might have been different to the vast majority of fans who didn't get involved.

The two human inductees for 2021, chosen by Hasbro people - John Moschitta Jr (best known for his voicing of Gen1 Blurr from 1986), and Guido Guidi (comic book artist since Dreamwave in 2003).