Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Vintage Beast Wars toys now at BigW

Default Vintage Beast Wars toys now at BigW

On the BigW site, all three are already at some Sydney stores.
    Just waiting on Megatron to be added, but his price is a lot more than Optimus (even though both are have the same price in America).
    Rattrap - $59
    Cheetor - $59
    Optimus Primal - $85
    Megatron (not yet listed as of tonight) - $105

The prices in America (Walmart exclusive) were us$23 for Rattrap and Cheetor, and us$50 for Optimus and Megatron... and we generally see a doubling of their price for most items released here through Hasbro Australia, so our prices for the smaller two are way more than they should be, while Optimus Primal is a little cheaper than expected. Megatron will be about right.
    To relate it to existing price points, the smaller two are at the Deluxe class price point in America, and the large two are at the Leader class price point... so $59 here is a lot more than our current Deluxe price point ($30-35).

I just can't get over the price for the two smaller ones, considering they are Deluxe priced in America... which should have been $30-35 here, not $59. Sometimes Hasbro Australia kicks a goal with the prices here, and sometimes they just strike out.
    I'm tempted to order the four from Walmart in America (it looks like all four are still in stock), and hope that the shipping forwarder would be less than au$100 in postage and fees, as that's the difference between the two - it's au$308 for the four at BigW, compared to about au$208 on the Walmart site (which I think has free shipping within America).
    And I wouldn't know how much it would cost with the shipping forwarder until after they get the products.
    If they have something else on there that I want that isn't available here, it might be worth it, even if it does cost a bit in shipping to here.

Vintage Beast Wars UPDATE.
    Word from Hasbro Australia after the announcement last night, is that the Vintage Beast Wars toys will be part of a special promotion at BigW, starting October 27th... so even if stores get the stock early, they may not sell them before that day.
    We have been told that the toys will be part of a promotion in-store called a Gifting Zone... which could be a pre-Christmas promotion.
    One thing we have to verify is the absence of Megatron, as it wasn't in the most recent list from Hasbro, but is listed in BigW's system. As soon as we know more, it will be shared.

But while we are on the topic of Megatron... BigW will be getting a different Megatron toy in stores around November 27th - Movie Masterpiece Megatron. Price needs to be confirmed, but could be $329.

I just bought Optimus Primal from Big W Burleigh Heads, and it scanned fine. Doesn?t seem to be embargoed at least through self-serve
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

It's the 27th today, and the toys were supposed to have been available for sale in (all) BigW stores... is everyone seeing the Beast Wars toys out now?
    Or have some stores not managed to get them in on time?

There wasn't anything about the Beast Wars toys (or a "Gifting Zone" promotion) that I could see in the next BigW catalogue that starts tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    It's the 27th today, and the toys were supposed to have been available for sale in (all) BigW stores... is everyone seeing the Beast Wars toys out now?
    Or have some stores not managed to get them in on time?

There wasn't anything about the Beast Wars toys (or a "Gifting Zone" promotion) that I could see in the next BigW catalogue that starts tomorrow.
    I have seen some at Big W Macquarie. Says they have it in stock
    I'll update this when I'm needing help finding particular figures

Several Sydney stores got them in early a week ago, but other stores around the country were a lot slower, so I was hoping they would all have them by now.

JJJ is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Yes, Big W Mildura today had several Optimus Primals, and at least one each of Rattrap and Cheetor. Did not see any Megatrons. There were no price tags, and I didn't scan any of them.