Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hasbro Pulscon 2021 Transformers reveals

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    Looks like Commander Motormaster is going to be basically the whole combiner, with the deluxe stunticons sitting pretty much just on top like the cartoon. If it means a more stable combined mode, I’m here for it. CW Menasor is the only combiner that really needs a replacement tbh, so I’d be fine if they just did him.
    I just looked at a bunch of Menasor screen-caps. Sometimes the cars are just placed on the arms and legs like decorations. Sometimes they are the whole arms and lower legs. Sometimes they are the upper arms and lower legs. It's probably just another symptom of G1 being animated by a bunch of different studios. Personally, after looking at them I like the upper arm and lower leg layout.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Also, any wasted space in the shipping box is just that, wasted space. You are paying to transport air at that point.
    Any seller worth their salt is going to allow room for the toy to be protected in the event of the shipping box getting crushed, dented, etc in transit. So we pay for "wasted space" anyhow. I'm not too fussed about some corners missing.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

Bulkhead looks like he is missing a plastic window, like the BB Bumblebee was....

JJJ is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Krayt View Post
    Bulkhead looks like he is missing a plastic window, like the BB Bumblebee was....
    Finally figured out that you meant the box, not the toy...

Is that a problem? I'm not seeing one, and think it a good thing. Just so long as they replace all those stupid plastic bands with string...

Quote Originally Posted by JJJ View Post
    Finally figured out that you meant the box, not the toy...

Is that a problem? I'm not seeing one, and think it a good thing. Just so long as they replace all those stupid plastic bands with string...
    Do you really want a kid to put their sticky hands all over your toy before you purchase it? As someone that works retail, I can tell you it's a real issue.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Makes it easier to recycle to as i am sick of removing the plastic windows (i deconstruct all packaging to make it easier to recycle and such forth)
    I may be a bit overboard

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Do you really want a kid to put their sticky hands all over your toy before you purchase it? As someone that works retail, I can tell you it's a real issue.
    I'm with Jaxius in that it's easier to recycle - and would have been done as part of cost reductions (single process to produce the box, rather than needing to add an assembly step from a second material).

There's plenty of Rescue Bots & Cyberverse figures that have been released without plastic windows and I haven't had an issue with sticky/grubby hands.

The only concern I would start having is if it led to parts being stolen (such as a gun or an attachment) or pieces falling off (the number of Spiderman Vulture figures I have seen in Kmart / BigW without a head because it popped off the ball joint is ridiculous)

Must say I'm a bit underwhelmed by all of this.

I hope we see some combined pics for the new Menasor before this hits retail because while I like the idea of a do over, I really quite dislike the 'exoskeleton with car shinpads/shoulderpads' look for the combiner.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Yeah, it is much easier to recycle, and I am on the side of the window is not necessary. But the number of times I've been handed toys or other things a child might play with and it has been sticky or covered in slobber is far from zero. I know there are people that the lack of a protective window is a turn off for that reason.

I am up for some Commander Class Motormaster with a Menasor shell trailer. Would be cool I think.

As for Bulkhead's missing box window plastic, I reckon it's probably because that is likely just a mock-box for Pulse con and not a regular retail box, they just haven't got the plastic to go there yet