Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hasbro Pulscon 2021 Transformers reveals

I'm digging the Arcee figure. Only wish the shield halves were pointier to look like the blades she had in Prime.
    I think I'm also coming around on a squared up Bulkhead.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    As for Bulkhead's missing box window plastic, I reckon it's probably because that is likely just a mock-box for Pulse con and not a regular retail box, they just haven't got the plastic to go there yet
    I thought they had said the plan was to move to open window boxes to save on plastic? Wasn't the Cybertronian Bumblebee from the Buzzworthy line open windowed as well?
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Phoenix View Post
    Wasn't the Cybertronian Bumblebee from the Buzzworthy line open windowed as well?
    Correct. I'd say that this is how the packaging is.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

JJJ is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Who buys off shelves these days though? What with Hasbro's basic distribution (unfortunately making pre-ordering more and more a necessity), COVID disruption, and half the stuff you really want being exclusives of some sort, buying from a shop off the shelf is going the way of the dodo.

Recycling isn't an issue for us box keepers.... it's the missing parts i worry about. Heads do pop off etc etc....

It looks like the numbering of releases has dropped off too. Can't see it on the packaging images, not on the solicits. Maybe it's on the tech specs webpage? Or maybe it's gone?

It's been nice having those numbers over Studio Series and WFC, I'll miss 'em.

Quote Originally Posted by Krayt View Post
    Recycling isn't an issue for us box keepers.... it's the missing parts i worry about. Heads do pop off etc etc....
    This is true, but I've noticed the figures seem to be secured down pretty hardcore these days. Kingdom especially had a lot of chained up figures and various plastic bits.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Phoenix View Post
    I thought they had said the plan was to move to open window boxes to save on plastic? Wasn't the Cybertronian Bumblebee from the Buzzworthy line open windowed as well?
    Did they? Ah bummer.

I'd prefer that the collector-focussed toys have the protective window, to not only look more presentable for those who keep the toys sealed or keep the packaging, but also to prevent young kids from fiddling with everything they see on the shelves, or removing anything that doesn't take much force to remove (which is not just done by young kids). The toys that are not specifically targeting collectors (like Rescue bots and Cyberverse) can be in cheaper looking packaging, as it is more likely to be thrown away.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    It looks like the numbering of releases has dropped off too. Can't see it on the packaging images, not on the solicits. Maybe it's on the tech specs webpage? Or maybe it's gone?

It's been nice having those numbers over Studio Series and WFC, I'll miss 'em.
    The numbers do make it easier for the Studio Series (especially when there are 50 different Bumblebees), but for Generations I've never really used them or found them necessary.
    And it is REALLY annoying when they cancel something, and you have a number that doesn't get used and they never tell you what was meant to be released.

The Galvatron/Unicron pack that was released in some countries in the last two weeks, is still a Hasbro PulseCon exclusive in America, and is still listed for release in March in America, which is a bit strange, as Hasbro Pulse exclusives are usually released first there, not last.

In-hand images of Skids, from one of the usual sources for leaked toys.