Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: (Re)Discovering older toy lines

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    Having not kept up with eBay etc sales of animated figures, those blackout prices are insane! I paid about $80 plus shipping when it was originally released and managed to get Wreckgar, Grimlock and Decepticon Shockwave from an otca member in Singapore that saved me a tonne of time and money later on (if memory serves only Grimlock got an Australian release).

If I had of known you were also interested in the Unicron trilogy beachcomber, I would have suggested emerging Rodimus, prowl, Starscream (one of my personal favourites, especially the ghost version), Cybertron hot shot/excillion, and if the budget allowed, the mega class coronation Starscream! He may be just a scaled up deluxe (and a simple one at that) but boy he displays well beside a Unicron and Primus.

If you want more interesting Unicron trilogy toys outside of your core three to hunt for, may I recommend the Cybertron defense trio of Scattorshot, hot shot and red alert (plus their original deluxe and scout class Scattorshot), Longrack, Evac, leader Megatron (na na na na na na batman!) And the stupendously amazing leader Prime from Cybertron and possibly scorponok and omega supreme from energon (assuming you have all the money in the world!!!) Armada I can't really go.past tidal wave, but again Goodluck to your wallet.
    Thanks for all the feedback and knowledge! I've really enjoyed delving back into the last 20 years... seems like I really missed out on some great figures. I think my next step is to dive into the Unicron Trilogy cartoons.

So now I've gone down the Hot Shot/Excellion rabbit hole (thanks ) .... so there are two (Three?) versions it seems... Hot Shot.... and then two red Excellion/Excillion..... I think I might be stuck here for a while haha.

Unfortunately, my wallet is limited- so I might have to give the BIG bots a miss... although that Starscream... I'm guessing you are talking about the Supreme Class one? I think I'll need to find that one.

I think if I went down the Transmetal/Beast path I would never come out.. unless there are Hot Rod/Starscream versions in there somewhere.

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by beachcomber View Post
    Back story: I'm collecting Hot Rods, Artfires, and Starscreams (weird combo?)- so I've found some great older Hot Rods (love the Classics mold, need to find an Energon) and while there aren't too many Artfires to grab, there are a TON of Starscreams. I really like the Starscreams from the Unicron Trilogy era and well.. recently found out that I need to have that Machine Wars one. Got some Prime-era ones on the way... and while I might not be able to complete the entire vast range, I'm quite keen to grab maybe 1 of each from the eras).
    Wait wot?