Thread: Sydney Oz Comic-Con December 4-5 featuring Cyberverse Bumblebee.

Default Sydney Oz Comic-Con December 4-5 featuring Cyberverse Bumblebee.

To celebrate the two-part final chapter of Transformers: Bumblebee Cyberverse Adventures, now available on the TRANSFORMERS OFFICIAL YouTube channel, a 2+ metre Transformers Cyberverse Bumblebee sculpture will be built and displayed at Sydney Oz Comic Con, at the Sydney Showgrounds in two weeks time.
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...PuCaO9m94O82cJ
    https://ozcomiccon.com/sydney/

From instagram, we get to see photos of the early frame-work and sketches, by the sculptor Mark Maka, who goes by the online name Makatron, and has been doing artworks and sculptures for several years around the world.
    https://www.instagram.com/mike.makatron/

Mark is working with Cezary Stulgis, who has also posted up a photo of the project.
    https://www.instagram.com/cezary_stulgis/

The sculpture is using recycled scrap parts - metal, plastic, wood and cardboard.

For those of you in Sydney, and those who will be in Sydney on the first weekend of December, check out Bumblebee at Oz Comic Con, and post up some pics or selfiies with it, to let the rest of us in other parts of Australia (and the world) see how it turned out (if it isn’t revealed first on his social media pages).

Last edited by griffin; 22nd November 2021 at 04:51 PM.

(edited post at the request of Entertainment One)

Two days until the Sydney convention begins, another instagram post from one of the builders shows us what might be the finished product. If it is complete, they were certainly given a lot of artistic license... if it wasn't yellow, it probably could have been any robot.

Last edited by griffin; 2nd December 2021 at 11:14 PM.

Wow, that is.... A pile of parts in humanoid form.
    Supanova this year really is just a ticketed shopping event.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Just be aware that it is a sculpture... inspired by an object, not a replication of that object. It is limited by the materials available, and as expected from sculptures, it is an artistic interpretation of an object.
    Considering the timeframe and materials available, I think it turned out quite good. It was probably a talking piece at the convention, to draw attention to what was actually being advertised (season 4 of Cyberverse).

Even though I was told by the "Hasbro" marketing contact that the Bumblebee sculpture was NOT going to Melbourne... the artist has posted on instagram that it will be at the Melbourne Oz Comic Con this weekend... and included some extra photos.

Understood but I think HSC metalwork students could do a while lot better and make it look both more like the source material and a humanoid robot. It's quite a disappointing model considering its from a professional who I am sure was paid very well.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

According to my contact, the artist is aiming to have the sculpture at the Melbourne convention, but it depends on a number of factors getting it there (it's not exactly something you can post in the mail or stick in the back of your car)... so the artist was jumping the gun by saying that it will be there.

I was told that it didn't make it to the Melbourne convention... but Hasbro has posted up a quick video of it on their Instagram here, and one of the artists has posted up some more images on facebook.