Thread: Hasbro Pulse anniversary stop-motion youtube videos

Default Hasbro Pulse anniversary stop-motion youtube videos

For the 35th anniversary screening of the 1986 Transformers Movie in some American cinemas back in August, Hasbro had some short stop-motion clips done up featuring Movie toys, written by Gen1 writer Flint Dille, and has some well known voice actors doing various roles - Gregg Berger (voice of Grimlock in the 80s), John Moshcitta (voice of Blurr in the 80s) and Stan Bush (singer from the 1986 movie).

Each one is about 2 minutes long.

A fourth one was posted up, which was said to be meant for the Anniversary movie screenings with the other three, but wasn't for some reason.

The "story" in this one is a bit, uh, meh... but it has a great stop-motion transformation of the Unicron toy, for anyone who might be having trouble transforming it (or if you lose the instructions).

Hasbro Marketing in China is getting very creative lately for promoting Transformers, with this clip of the Gen1 theme-song done with traditional Chinese musical instruments (mirrored here), and a live concert performance that included a couple minutes that had a Transformers theme to it (mirrored here on youtube).

Happy Chinese New Year from Hasbro! I love how they reworked the live traditional instrument performance using the toys. I'm not a Beast Wars fan, but now I've got to buy a Tigatron. For those who will be celebrating today and around this period, Xin Nian Kuai Le!

Quote Originally Posted by Skyfire View Post
    Happy Chinese New Year from Hasbro! I love how they reworked the live traditional instrument performance using the toys. I'm not a Beast Wars fan, but now I've got to buy a Tigatron. For those who will be celebrating today and around this period, Xin Nian Kuai Le!
    These stop motion shorts have generally been fun and cute, but that orchestral number is EPIC

Not a video, but I can't be bothered starting a new topic for something that I doubt too many people here will pay us$70 for... unless you are a massive Optimus or Peter Cullen fan. (okay, I can think of at least one person)

An app called Calm, which has a us$70 subscription fee (about au$100), has added a 38 minute audio file for members to listen to, of Peter Cullen (the voice of Optimus Prime) detailing the history of Transformers.

Oh, I have that app. It sounds a bit "off" talking softly to lull you to sleep but clearly his "Optimus Prime" voice. It's a in fiction story not a brand history. Optimus is currently explaining how his "conversion cog" and trans-scannning gives them new alt modes.

Listening in full to Prime's bedtime story now. Bit of an "aligned continutiy" feel to the "history" section.

He's got an interesting team of friends with him to tell us above, somewhat 07 film cast, somewhat Cyberverse. Probably a good indicator of who Hasbro thinks are the key Autobots: Ratchet, Windblade, Jazz, Ironhide, Wheeljack and Bumblebee. There's also a reference to a particular movie and Idaho drive-in (I had to google to find the title and location) that seem a little odd.

Overall - nothing to go out of your way to track down and listen to, if it puts you to sleep it's done its job.
    Last edited by Paulbot; 5th February 2022 at 05:04 PM.

Another stop motion video from Hasbro on youtube, which they have labelled as episode 6... so they are probably doing more of these periodically.

This one goes for six minutes and features various Cyberverse toys, doing... well, random, unrelated stuff.