Thread: How to tell a fake G1 Transformer

Default How to tell a fake G1 Transformer

Hi, I recently have been interested in getting a set of sealed G1 Technobots, and I've seen a few come up on eBay, but I've also heard that the combiner teams received a lot of knockoffs. So I was wondering if there are any ways I can tell a knockoff from an original toy, and what they might be.
    Many thanks

This page might help, some info on KOs and what to look for.

Here is their page on Computron: https://www.highendtfs.com/computron

The quickest indicator is price. How much are these sets you’re looking at? A sealed set of genuine G1 Technobots would fetch in the thousands of dollars these days. If you mean that you’ve seen some sets for between the $150-$250 mark, they are all KOs.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Oh I actually meant the individual components separately, and I saw them for around $150-200 USD, not sure if they were all properly sealed though

For individual Technobots you might be in luck... I don't recall seeing those on KO lists but am no expert.

There are KOs of the individual Technobots. They are usually sold as a set like this but you could end up with people selling them individually and inflating the price. The best thing to do is post a picture of them somewhere like here or in a Facebook TF group and ask.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    There are KOs of the individual Technobots. They are usually sold as a set like this but you could end up with people selling them individually and inflating the price.
    Oh. Damn.