Thread: Netflix WFC Wheeljack with Kingdom head

Default Netflix WFC Wheeljack with Kingdom head

So, here's a funny thing I bought today. The Netflix Deluxe wave 2s (Wheeljack, Elita-1, Bumblebee, Impactor, Red Alert) have been hitting Kmart again recently, so I picked up this Wheeljack that has a WFC Kingdom/Earthrise head (Kingdom Wheeljack is being re-released currently and is the same as the Earthrise one).

And no, some customer didn't change the head. It's all originally sealed/strapped up and I took it from the stocking cage with his casemates.

My 2 copies of Netflix Wheeljack (I think I prefer the Kingdom head):

You have a very keen eye for details, as I wouldn't have even noticed (and at first glance I didn't even see a difference until reading your notes).

And I think people in the factory wouldn't have noticed the difference either, as I could see two different possibilities causing this, which could mean there might be few of them out there...
    - the paint applicator machine wasn't switched over to "Netflix colouring" when it was first started up for the Netflix production run, and those heads were still used so as not to waste them.
    - the Netflix version may have been produced straight after the Earthrise version, and if they had leftover heads from the Earthrise production run, they might have just been thrown in with Netflix production bin of parts for the assembly line to use so as not to waste them.

Since the heads look so similar, it would have been missed during a visual inspection of the toys or the bin of parts... unlike if it was a completely different coloured part, which would stand out on the assembly line.

Neat explanation. I was wondering how it might have come to be. For the curious, the batch code for the correct version is 02481 and the variant is 03101.