Thread: Studio Series 86 Hot Rod new packaging

Default Studio Series 86 Hot Rod new packaging

JJJ is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I know they say that the box is smaller, but I don't think it is. Yes, definitely less plastic, but I think that any impresson of a smaller box is an optical illusion caused by the re-arrangement of the carboard on the front.

No matter how much their environmentally friendly kick digs in, there are huge forces at work from their marketing department that will oppose any reduction of shelf space.

Quote Originally Posted by JJJ View Post
    I know they say that the box is smaller, but I don't think it is. Yes, definitely less plastic, but I think that any impresson of a smaller box is an optical illusion caused by the re-arrangement of the carboard on the front.

No matter how much their environmentally friendly kick digs in, there are huge forces at work from their marketing department that will oppose any reduction of shelf space.
    Maybe they aren't as deep as the previous ones, reducing space while keeping frontage the same size.
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

Quote Originally Posted by JJJ View Post

Great look to the new style of packaging. Even if it is Hot Rod

Yeah, it might have the same face up space as the first version. Honestly since Hasbro moved production from China to Vietnam due to China cracking down on some environmental issues I don't think this re-design is part of that, less space (depth-wise perhaps) equals more figures shipped per carton.
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)

Looks like no plastic tray, which is quite rare except for some Kingdom stuff. Hot Rod is already around in droves though.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Hes being packed with BB Soundwave, so finding one shouldn't be that difficult me thinks

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    Looks like no plastic tray, which is quite rare except for some Kingdom stuff. Hot Rod is already around in droves though.
    It looks like the way Hasbro is going - the new Selects releases were similar - and it potentially removes a step in the production process.