Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Animated not reflecting the style of the Movie?

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Well there are varying limits of influence - and there is some influence in X-Men Evolution visually... e.g. the uniforms are darker; Wolverine isn't wearing yellow spandex.
    Because he prefers his orange spandex better!

Well it's a brownish-orange which is similar to Wolverine's brown and tan costume from the comics - only with more black.

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    I'm glad that Animated didnt visually follow on from the movie, the movie characters looked mostly like scrap metal
    I agree wholeheartedly plus a bit more. I can't even follow any of the movie line comics, as I have no idea which piece of screwed up metal is meant to be which character. From a glance one can recognise every individual in Animated and both the visual aesthetics and the toys are leagues beyond those of the movie. I didn't even buy one movie toy last time and I'm unlikely to buy any for this film either. I regret that the second movie will be taking shelfspace and potential releases away from Animated.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    But I read somewhere that Bumblebee was originally slated to be Hot Shot, but they later changed him to Bumblebee - I think that was a later decision made that was influenced by the movie.
    I read that aswell.

Also that Ratchet replaced a female Red Alert,

[ANIMATED SPOILERZ, Maybe...]who will be showing up anyway. Hot Shot too I think...

If what has been leaked about Season 3 is true, Gutsman then you are correct on your "Spoilerz".
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

I would preferred a cartoon based on the Classics toys (as a G1 reboot, which is what Animated is) over Cartoon-Network stylisation - and without the goofy human villains. Invisible-Pink-Unicorns know I hate those human villains. (-_-)

I think we have to separate what we as fans want and what is commercially possible. I think Hasbro has in mind a larger market it wants to take and dominate. While I would love nothing more than a single universe dedicated to G1 and reimagining those toys or adding more to G1 like Drift from IDW, I do accept Hasbro runs a business and that they'll do what they see as being commercially practicable and I honestly think they're doing well.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

Yeah but there's nothing to say that a non-Cartoon Networky TF series wouldn't be marketable... after all, all other TF series up till now haven't been in this style and they managed to succeed well enough for 23 years. And as my comparisons with X-Men, Batman, Spider-Man etc. illustrated, other franchises have been able to produce series following movie franchises which have been more influenced by them yet still targetted at kids. You can make a line that simultaneously appeals to adults and kids - Beast Wars proved that this was possible. It does require more effort and dedication though.

I prefer the difference in styles, since I dislike the Movie designs quite a bit.

Also, it gives us greater variety to choose from. Movie toys for people who like 'real' robots, Animated for cartoony styles, and Universe for nostalgia.

I would preferred a cartoon based on the Classics toys (as a G1 reboot, which is what Animated is) over Cartoon-Network stylisation - and without the goofy human villains. Invisible-Pink-Unicorns know I hate those human villains. (-_-)
    YES. A Classics/Universe cartoon would be great-I've been kicking around ideas for a fiction regarding it for a while. The only problem is that the only 'cartoon' for Classics/Universe is that So Bad It's Horrible short.

Classics comics ftw! (too bad most of them are exclusives I wish IDW would/could do a regular release Classics comic series - although we do have some Classics-Universe characters appearing in All Hail Megatron)