Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567

Thread: Animated not reflecting the style of the Movie?

The "shattered" look is required for them to do unrestricted movements. Traditional TF designs don't allow Transformers to do even basic things like crossing their arms, successfully running up and down flights of stairs, scratching the back of their head etc. without cheating the animation/artwork. Do a Transformers COSPLAY some time and you gain a real appreciation of how freakin' restrictive it is to move around in a box-shaped body. (-_-)

And those exposed parts aren't necessarily vulnerable - it's really just a matter of difference in kibble distribution, but non-kibbled robot parts are not necessarily "weak".

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    And those exposed parts aren't necessarily vulnerable - it's really just a matter of difference in kibble distribution, but non-kibbled robot parts are not necessarily "weak".
    I was talking about during the Transformation. Can you imagine how stuffed one of them would be if you threw a pole or something solid at them while they were Transforming?
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

...that's always been an inherent weakness of Transformers - they'll always be vulnerable in mid-transformation. Doesn't matter if it's movie-style or not, it's a basic weakness of all Transformers. So it would come down to tactics (specifically in manoeuvring), they need to manouevre themselves in a way where they don't expose themselves in mid-transformation to an opponent. It's like how every man's weak-spot is his groin (an inherent flaw of having external genitals), so when you learn to fight you need to be mindful of your groin and manoeuvre yourself in a way where you're not exposing your groin in a fight.

<--High kicks like the one executed by the person in red only work in competitions where groin-strikes are illegal. In a real fight where nothing is 'illegal' it would be an invitation for your opponent to newter you.

We saw Hot Rod make this mistake in Transformers The Movie; when Galvatron jumped and wrestled him in car mode, Hot Rod rolled and transformed to robot mode and Galvatron instantly grabbed his neck and started strangling him as his head was rising up. Don't ask me how you can choke a robot who doesn't breathe though.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    ...that's always been an inherent weakness of Transformers - they'll always be vulnerable in mid-transformation. Doesn't matter if it's movie-style or not, it's a basic weakness of all Transformers. So it would come down to tactics (specifically in manoeuvring), they need to manouevre themselves in a way where they don't expose themselves in mid-transformation to an opponent. It's like how every man's weak-spot is his groin (an inherent flaw of having external genitals), so when you learn to fight you need to be mindful of your groin and manoeuvre yourself in a way where you're not exposing your groin in a fight.
    I dunno. It just alywas appeared that the movie guys just seemed extremely fragile while transforming. Like nothing was solid. Where as with most of the other styles, the arm was one solid piece that moved, in the movie, the arm was formed by other pieces moving around to it.
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

While I suppose vehicular kibble would provide some armour for the Transformers I suppose you have to weigh up between how much armour are you willing to carry vs. how much dexterity you want. As we see, Transformers do a lot of hand-to-hand close quarter combat, so it seems that dexterity is a very important trait. Also as the movie pointed out, the Transformers' primary form of armour is actually an energy field.