Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: RIP 2022

Default RIP 2022

Just seeing if this works... having a topic for anyone that may not be famous enough to deserve their own topic, but significant enough to some of us to be mentioned and remembered.

A wiki file here has a list of 2022 deaths, noting some of the causes (quite a few Covid deaths listed).

A couple of actors from the last week - Sidney Poitier (I remember him best from the film Sneakers, which is a really funny film) & Bob Saget (he's fairly well known in America for a number of programs not shown here, but for me he was the narrator/voice-over in How I Met Your Mother).

But its only January! :O

Actor Louie Anderson died on the 21st. He wasn't well known here, but was host of a number of popular American TV game shows over the last 25 years (including Family Feud), so a lot of Americans would know him.
    I just remember him best from Coming to America (with Eddie Murphy), as one of the employees at McDowells restaurant. (he didn't do a lot of Movie roles though)

And on the 20th, we lost Mr Meat Loaf. Probably best known for music, he also had a big resume of acting roles, on TV and on stage... including the one I remember most, being in the movie Fight Club).

Do like the idea of a yearly thread rather than individual posts

Loaf was also turned into roast meat in Rocky Horror where I most knew him from acting. And most people prefers the first Bat album, whilst I always preferred Bat 2

And Gespard Ulliel, who is playing a villain in the upcoming Moon Knight show, also played Hannibal in Hannibal Rising, died in a skiing accident on 19th

Last Saturday (12th FEB), the director of the original 1994 Ghostbusters, Ivan Reitman died. His son Jason directed this year's Ghostbusters Afterlife, so it was good to see that he was around long enough to see the next chapter done within the family.

Ivan didn't direct a lot of movies for someone of his age, but most of the ones he did during the 80s and 90s were iconic or well-known.

Shane Warne dead at 52 suspected heart attack in Thailand

Just days after another cricket legend too (Rod Marsh).
    Last night I was watching this week's gogglebox episode that featured a Warne doco about his life, so it was a bit ominous for the doco to be done and then he dies.
    A heart attack at only 52 (he was a self confessed heavy smoker for the first half of his life)... but not much older than many of us who were first into TFs from the very beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    A heart attack at only 52 (he was a self confessed heavy smoker for the first half of his life)... but not much older than many of us who were first into TFs from the very beginning.
    Apparently he was on some liquid diet in the week leading up to his death. Obviously smoking has played a factor, but it sounds like the stress put on his body from that diet was the final thing that did it.
    Losing/gaining a lot of weight quickly is not good for you.

Anyway, regardless of how it happened RIP to one of the greatest cricketers that Australia produced.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.