Thread: Liokaiser, Jallguar and Leozack

Default Liokaiser, Jallguar and Leozack

Finally made a 6-member Liokaiser.
    Repainted a KO Air Raid and Swindle. Left the stock heads because A they're not seen in gestalt mode and B Shapeways shipping is a killer.
    Liokaiser is a parts-former - the gestalt head has to be plugged in and Jallguar's combiner plug is removeable.
    Leozack's combiner plug slides into the gap for combined mode.
    His tail fins are also held between Jallguar's head and shoulders round the back.
    Liokaiser is held together by rods that are a perfect fit for the screwholes on the combiner pegs (made even tighter after a coat of paint).
    I screwed some in to the soles of Jallguar's feet for the legs.
    I plugged some into Leozack's arms for the gestalt arms. His arms are placed like in jet mode, and because it's a KO they're tight, so between the two it's pretty secure.
    I managed to carry it up to the attic without it falling apart.

My earlier custom Leozack from a Cyclonus for the 5-member gestalt

I realised after these pics his left knee was wonky. It has since been posed properly.

Last edited by snaketales; 17th January 2022 at 12:49 PM. Reason: mis-placed caption

Looks great!

How big are the rods you've used? I see it's plugged into Air Raid's 5mm port in his arms. How secure do they work for moving to arms up and down or moving the legs around?

Thanks for the feedback.
    I'm not sure what you mean - the rods are only about 1cm long at most but seem secure. I was lucky enough to find some that had a slightly wider end that could plug into Air Raid's ports.
    Because the legs are placed sideways Liokaiser doesn't have much leg articulation, but early in the project it seemed secure enough.
    The arms can be moved around but you need to have another hand on the figure to support it.
    This is more of a display piece than the official Combiner Wars gestalts.
    Hope that answers your queries.

This is the sort of thing Hasbro SHOULD have done for Liokaiser...

Quote Originally Posted by snaketales View Post
    Thanks for the feedback.
    I'm not sure what you mean - the rods are only about 1cm long at most but seem secure. I was lucky enough to find some that had a slightly wider end that could plug into Air Raid's ports.
    Because the legs are placed sideways Liokaiser doesn't have much leg articulation, but early in the project it seemed secure enough.
    The arms can be moved around but you need to have another hand on the figure to support it.
    This is more of a display piece than the official Combiner Wars gestalts.
    Hope that answers your queries.
    Cheers!

Yeah - I was trying to work out what you were talking about with the rods connecting into the combiner ports, and the idea of connecting into the centre hole rather than the clasping around the outer square is really clever.