Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Catchupalooza

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Question Catchupalooza

Well... That was an interesting couple of years.

I got married, then as a wedding gift, lost my job. Got hit by Aussie bushfires followed by a pandemic. Finally got a job only to have a kid and a "second" pandemic.

Needless to say, during this time I wasn't focussed on "all the things" and tried to stay away from spending temptation. However, I was able to keep one eye in part on TF news and in part on what I might find on shelves.

I think I did alright trying to keep up however I'm now certainly playing catch up. So any news or things I should be aware of? I'm all ears.

Here are some curious Q's:
    What happened to Sunstreaker?
    What happened to Trailbreaker?
    Did any of you even notice I was gone?
    What happened to Runamuck?
    What happened to Runabout?
    How have you all been?
    What happened to Coneheads?
    What happened to Jetfire?
    When are Hasbro going to listen to my figure requests?
    What happened to Transformers R.E.D?
    What happened to Retro Headmasters?
    What happened to Buzzworthy Bee Origins?
    Anyone playing Transformers Tactical Arena?

And here are some random thoughts that if I stumble across related threads will likely repeat in there:
    Sad the TCG didn't last.
    I'm so far behind on the Definitive G1 collection. Luckily Hachette let you order back issues... or at least I think they do?
    Crazy about IDW... it was starting to get good. Oh well, I guess I'll apply to be a writer at wherever the license lands next.
    Not at all interested in Rise of the Beasts, however I'm overly scared at what the feature length animation could be, or more to the point, what they might not be.
    Thumbs down for plastic-less packaging.

Group Hug Y'all, I'm back. Time to go necro some threads!!

Quote Originally Posted by KELPIE View Post
    Don't know which Jetfire you're talking about in particular, but as far as I'm concerned, he's still kicking it.

I think it was gonna be a Kmart Exclusive, but due to the underperformance of the Bumblebee/Spike set (because that set is still warming pegs at all the Kmarts), I wouldn't be suprised if they didn't bother ordering them cause they thought they might shelfwarm as well.
    I'll update this when I'm needing help finding particular figures

JJJ is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

What happened to Sunstreaker?
    What happened to Trailbreaker?
    They got a very limited release here, not much better than Earthrise Megatron and the Quintesson Judge (the latter seen at least once in the wild, the former simply not released here by Hasbro at all). No idea why.

What happened to Runamuck?
    Got a pretty standard release, as I recall. At least, I saw plenty of Runamucks and Fasttracks while wondering where the bloody hell Sunstreaker and Trailbreaker had got to

What happened to Runabout?
    US Target exclusive. Was probably readily available across Asia, but I didn't know about that source at the time, so I had to resort to E-bay.

What happened to Coneheads?
    Amazon exclusive, and just about the worst TF fuck-up of the past few years. Don't know who was at fault, Amazon or Hasbro, but the already limited release saw piles of order cancellations. As a result, if you want them you had better be prepared to pay at least $150 each for Dirge and Ramjet.

Thrust was "only" a Target exclusive, and could be had for less, but even so I hear plenty of complaints from Americans that they couldn't locate any.

Wasn't aware of any issues with Jetfire. Did I miss something?

What happened to Retro Headmasters?
    They sold quote well, although they are now starting to pile up in Target, which is interesting because at first we feared that they weren't going to turn up in Australia at all. I think this was a damned good thing from Hasbro, and I wish they'd do more re-releases.

Well, it came and went in Asia, and eventually turned up in the US, and apparently is a shelfwarmer in some parts over there. I recommend it, if you can find one and care to pay the price. I seem to recall Griffin musing at one point that it looked unlikely that Hasbro Australia would get any, and he was right

Crazy about IDW... it was starting to get good. Oh well, I guess I'll apply to be a writer at wherever the license lands next.
    It is a bit of an embuggerance, yes. I am quite enjoying what they're doing, and was looking forward to seeing where they were going. Ah well...

Thumbs down for plastic-less packaging.
    Meh, doesn't bother me, and less plastic is always good (says the man who has a couple of hundred plastic dolls on shelves about the place...).

Quote Originally Posted by JJJ View Post
    They got a very limited release here, not much better than Earthrise Megatron and the Quintesson Judge (the latter seen at least once in the wild, the former simply not released here by Hasbro at all). No idea why.
    Oh yeah, totally forgot about the Quintesson Judge, and the Quint box set... More things for me to chase down.

Got a pretty standard release, as I recall. At least, I saw plenty of Runamucks and Fasttracks while wondering where the bloody hell Sunstreaker and Trailbreaker had got to
    I never saw any and didn't see any via online stores.

US Target exclusive. Was probably readily available across Asia, but I didn't know about that source at the time, so I had to resort to E-bay.
    eBay seems to be a thing I'll need for most of these I fear.

Amazon exclusive, and just about the worst TF fuck-up of the past few years. Don't know who was at fault, Amazon or Hasbro, but the already limited release saw piles of order cancellations. As a result, if you want them you had better be prepared to pay at least $150 each for Dirge and Ramjet.

Thrust was "only" a Target exclusive, and could be had for less, but even so I hear plenty of complaints from Americans that they couldn't locate any.
    Ouch, okie dokie. I guess I pony up the dosh, only for a box set of all 6 seekers to come out.

Wasn't aware of any issues with Jetfire. Did I miss something?
    Only that I missed a bunch of stuff :P
    I just couldn't find him online with me trying to catch up with missed figures. Omega, Scorponok and Sky Lynx were easy to find.

They sold quote well, although they are now starting to pile up in Target, which is interesting because at first we feared that they weren't going to turn up in Australia at all. I think this was a damned good thing from Hasbro, and I wish they'd do more re-releases.
    I haven't seen any however I guess that must be because the only Target in my area was in shutdown mode for the longest time, before being converted into a KMart.

Well, it came and went in Asia, and eventually turned up in the US, and apparently is a shelfwarmer in some parts over there. I recommend it, if you can find one and care to pay the price. I seem to recall Griffin musing at one point that it looked unlikely that Hasbro Australia would get any, and he was right
    Well that sucks. I'll see if I can find it online then. The pack with Fangry was at a few places in Oz, so I was hoping this would follow suit.

It is a bit of an embuggerance, yes. I am quite enjoying what they're doing, and was looking forward to seeing where they were going. Ah well...
    Unfortunately a lot of people wrote the series off after the first couple of story arcs.

Meh, doesn't bother me, and less plastic is always good (says the man who has a couple of hundred plastic dolls on shelves about the place...).
    Guess it's more a case for the MISB collectors like me :P

Thanks for the answers. I see a big eBay session coming up this weekend.

What happened to Transformers R.E.D?
    Big W did try to get them for the Australian market. However, at this point, they are still exclusive to Walmart in America.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Big W did try to get them for the Australian market. However, at this point, they are still exclusive to Walmart in America.
    They've also been available through Asian retailers too if anybody was after them, but older stock is getting scarce if not gone already

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    They've also been available through Asian retailers too if anybody was after them, but older stock is getting scarce if not gone already
    Thanks guys. I saw some on Robot Kingdom and others in TFsource... guess that'll be my avenue.

Thanks guys. I saw some on Robot Kingdom and others in TFsource... guess that'll be my avenue.
    Be sure to check out Roborobo, The Falcons Hangar, 1Toy & Freeway Toys too. You might find some bargains

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    Be sure to check out Roborobo, The Falcons Hangar, 1Toy & Freeway Toys too. You might find some bargains
    Wow, I've never heard of any of them. Thanks for that.

They any good? Any better than others?

Wow, I've never heard of any of them. Thanks for that.

They any good? Any better than others?
    I can't say much about the others, but stuff like The Falcons Hangar and even Oh My Primus I have used a couple of times to get some hard to find bots and I haven't had any issues with them.
    I'll update this when I'm needing help finding particular figures