Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MAY 2022 Transformers comics and books

Default MAY 2022 Transformers comics and books

Transformers comics and books scheduled for MAY 2022, with details and cover images here.

Last Bot Standing #1
    (W) Nick Roche (A/CA) E. J. Su (CA) Nick Roche
    When the last stars flicker and fade, who will be the only Cybertronian left? The planet Donnokt sits on the edge of the universe, far away from all the stars that are flickering and fading out one last time. It is a world on the precipice of revolution-industrialization-taking its first steps into the realms of the mechanical. And on the far edge of nowhere, a Visitor arrives, and Donnokt will never be the same again. The war for Cybertron may be long over… but the war from Cybertron never ends.

Transformers #43
    (W) Brian Ruckley (A) Anna Malkova (CA) Stefano Simeone (CA) Thomas Deer (CA) Geoff Senior
    End of the road! Optimus Prime leads the Autobots in a desperate battle on multiple fronts-against the maniacal Decepticons, against the swarming Insecticlones, against the teeming rust worms, against Cybertron itself. But how many problems will the Autobots be able to solve and what offer could stop their journey? An extra-long final issue leading to next month’s Transformers Special 2022!

Best of Hot Rod One Shot
    (W) Various (A) Various (CA) James Biggie
    Whether you call him Hot Rod, Rodimus Prime, or even just Roddy, the hotheaded and cavalier Autobot leader is an all-time great. From his youthful days as the new kid in the group to his accomplishments as Optimus Prime’s successor and (co-)captain of the Lost Light, catch up on all things Rodimus! Do yourself a favor, achieve something, and earn yourself a Rodimus star!
    Collects “Rise” from Transformers: Autocracy #10, Spotlight: Hot Rod, “White Fire” from Transformers (UK) #254, “Crucible (Part 2): L?str?re” from Transformers: Lost Light #20, “The War to End All Wars, Part 5” from Transformers: Regeneration One #100, and “Peace” from Transformers Annual 1989 (UK).

Transformers: Beast Wars #16
    (W) Erik Burnham (A) Josh Burcham (CA) Emilio Lopez (CA) Anthony Pugh (CA) Sebastian Stone
    It’s the beginning of the end for our Cybertronian friends! Their seven cycles are up, and now they must face the Vok! Will Optimus and Megatron’s plan get them through? How will they fare facing off with such a powerful foe?

Transformers: War’s End #4
    (W) Brian Ruckley (A/CA) Jack Lawrence (CA) Phil Murphy (CA) Dan Khanna
    End of the line! Exarchon makes his final push to claim all Cybertron as his own. Can a ragtag group of Autobots and Decepticons working in parallel defeat one of Cybertron’s all-time greatest threats? And what happens if they fail and Exarchon gets his hands on the sparks he needs to be unbeatable? An extra-long final issue leading to next month’s Transformers Special 2022!
    Recent and Upcoming TPBs & Books.
    -- Transformers Beast Wars Vol 1 SC - IDW 160 pages (was 144 pages) (issues 1-6) - MAR 22nd 2022 (was DEC 14th 2021, then JAN 4th 2022, then FEB 8th) (digital release MAR 23rd 2022 - was OCT 27th 2021, then JAN 26th 2022)
    -- IDW Collection Phase 3 Vol 2 HC - IDW 384 pages (Till All Are One #9–12, Optimus Prime #1–6, Lost Light #1–7) - APRIL 5th (was MARCH 29th) (digital release APR 6th)
    -- Transformers 2019 Vol 5 - Horrors Near and Far HC - IDW 296 pages (Transformers #31–36, Wreckers: Tread and Circuits #1–4, 2021 Annual, 2021 Halloween Special) - JUNE 7th (was MAY 24th) (digital release JUNE 7th)
    -- Licensed Transformers 2023 Wall Calendar - featuring "Evergreen" designs and includes a poster (has Nth American significant dates) - JUNE 14th
    -- Transformers Beast Wars Vol 2 SC - IDW 144 pages (issues 7-12) - JUNE 28th (digital release yet to be announced)
    -- Transformers King Grimlock HC - IDW 128 pages (all 5 issues) - JUNE 28th (digital release yet to be announced)
    -- Transformers Shattered Glass SC - IDW 128 pages (all 5 issues) - JULY 26th (digital release yet to be announced)
    -- The Art and Making of Transformers: War for Cybertron Trilogy HC - VIZ Media 192 pages - SEPT 13th (digital release unlikely)

January 2022 comics and books

February 2022 comics and books

March 2022 comics and books

April 2022 comics and books
    Last edited by griffin; 4th March 2022 at 08:12 PM.

Noted in the first post is a new Transformers 4 issue comic from IDW to begin in May, called "Last Bot Standing".

In Transformers: Last Bot Standing, the war for Cybertron is long over, yet what it started lingers at the edges of the universe and at the end of time. Readers will discover the planet Donnok, a world poised for an industrial revolution, just beginning to grasp mechanization. The planet’s future is forever changed when a shape-shifted robot from a dead civilization pays a visit.
    Also just announced on twitter from Viz Media (who did the translations of the Japanese Manga a couple years ago), a new artbook for Transformers, "The Art and Making of Transformers War For Cybertron Trilogy"... which looks to be about the cartoon series, rather than the toyline, but it might be both.
    No release date or other details, other than it coming out around our Springtime.

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Unrelated.... but with Amazon's total ruination of Comixology, I guess I'm going to have to go back to physical issues again.

Quote Originally Posted by KELPIE View Post
    Unrelated.... but with Amazon's total ruination of Comixology, I guess I'm going to have to go back to physical issues again.
    I never had any exposure to Comixology (I prefer having the physical copies as part of the collection... even if I don't get around to reading them, at least they are still there for me to eventually read without losing the digital copies if my computer dies or the digital source is only giving you access to view on their server while they have them, like some music hosts), what has happened with them?

Amazon bought Comixoloy and now they’ve shut down the old site and app and have an Amazon version. And it sucks. Worse shopping experience and an app that no longer works on my older tablet.

I downloaded all the TF comics I had bought from ComiXology so I have PDF and CBZ files of all - that means I do have my own copies as long as I do sensible computer backupa.

This is why I prefer physical copies like DVDs for the cartoons, because the physical copies (comics and DVDs) will survive for a long time when stored away somewhere protected, but digital copies can be lost (computer dies suddenly) or corrupted (virus), or not completely on your device if it is just purchasing a (often temporary) license/subscription to view and stream a cartoon/movie... which only lasts as long as that company or subscription, or format exists.

And personally, there's just something different about having a physical copy (comic or DVD) on display in the collection, to browse and hold, and randomly be inspired to play/read (as I often do when I am in the room that has my comics and DVDs... sometimes something will catch my eye and I will read or play it).

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Amazon bought Comixoloy and now they’ve shut down the old site and app and have an Amazon version. And it sucks. Worse shopping experience and an app that no longer works on my older tablet.

I downloaded all the TF comics I had bought from ComiXology so I have PDF and CBZ files of all - that means I do have my own copies as long as I do sensible computer backupa.
    Have you sensibly backed up?

I would print them out.

I prefer the physical copies. I lost all my itunes songs that I had purchased. Couldnt get back into the account.

I have no need to print them out... I own almost everything TF comic I had on ComiXology already in print too...

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Up until recently all comics sold on Comixology were DRM free, so you could download them and do whatever.

So with that in mind, they were as "physical" as a DVD... If that's where you wanted to store them.

However I could also have all TF comics on an iPad wherever I went which was nice.

Needless to say, from now, they will no longer be DRM free.

Also:
    1) store is gone. Need to purchase through Amazon which is terrible.
    2) app is gone. Need to read through Kindle which is terrible.
    3) Subscriptions no longer work outside of the US.
    4) Wishlist's lost.
    5) Smartlists gone.

Issue 1 of the new mini-series Last Bot Standing looks to be out this week, and a preview can be seen here.