Thread: New Transformers Studio Series pre-orders listed at online stores

Default New Transformers Studio Series pre-orders listed at online stores

Just as Hasbro in America allowed new Studio Series pre-orders to be listed at American online sources, some Australian sources were also able to list these new items.
    Below are ones for EBGames and Amazon Australia, but are probably at some independent online sources as well (list them if you want, only if they have Australian sourced stock).

NOTE the different release dates here, as one or both sources has the wrong dates, as they are significantly different to each other.

At BBTS in America, Sludge and Junkheap have an August release date, while Ironhide and Arcee have an October release date.
    This compares to Amazon Australia, having Arcee and Sludge with a release date of July 16th, and Ironhide and Junkheap with a release date of September 15th.
    While EBGames have added the same four items (plus their case-mates from the previous wave) for release on May 1st... which is five months before two get released in America, so I think EBGames dates are probably wrong. And Amazon Australia might have two of theirs wrong as well.
    (but if we get all of them released on those dates, great for us here in Australia)

Prices vary as well...

Amazon Australia - Deluxe $37 - Voyager $53 - Leader $97
    EBGames/Zing - Deluxe $45 - Voyager $58 - Leader $128
    (so if all of the release dates are correct and EBGames gets their stock before Amazon Australia, the higher prices could be justified as being for early access to the toys)

The quoted product details with American details...

Transformers Studio Series 85 Deluxe Transformers: Bumblebee Arcee
    (Ages 8 and Up / Approx. Retail Price: $24.99 / Available: Fall 2022)
    This Studio Series 85 Deluxe Class Transformers: Bumblebee-inspired ARCEE figure stands at 4.5 inches and converts from robot to Cybertronian motorcycle mode in 23 steps. ARCEE comes with 2 blaster accessories that attach in both modes. Fans can remove backdrop to showcase the ARCEE toy in the Cybertron Falls scene. In the Cybertron Falls scene from Transformers: Bumblebee, ARCEE loses contact with the capitol as the AUTOBOTS are overwhelmed by DECEPTICON forces. Pose the figure out with the included blaster accessories and imagine re-creating this classic movie moment!
    Reach past the big screen and build the ultimate TRANSFORMERS collection with Studio Series figures (each sold separately, subject to availability), inspired by iconic movie scenes and designed with specs and details to reflect the TRANSFORMERS movie universe. Now, the Studio Series line is expanding to include the epic moments and characters from the classic 1986 The Transformers: The Movie, bringing fans a whole new series of screen-inspired figures to collect!

Transformers Studio Series 84 Deluxe Transformers: Bumblebee Ironhide
    (Ages 8 and Up / Approx. Retail Price: $24.99 / Available: Fall 2022)
    This Studio Series 84 Deluxe Class Transformers: Bumblebee-inspired IRONHIDE figure stands at 4.5 inches, converts from robot to a Cybertronian tank mode in 22 steps and comes with canon accessory. Fans can remove the backdrop to showcase IRONHIDE in the Cybertron Falls scene. In the Cybertron Falls scene from Transformers: Bumblebee, IRONHIDE and the AUTOBOTS take on the DECEPTICONS in a final stand. Pose the figure out with the included cannon accessory and imagine re-creating this classic movie moment!
    Reach past the big screen and build the ultimate TRANSFORMERS collection with Studio Series figures (each sold separately, subject to availability), inspired by iconic movie scenes and designed with specs and details to reflect the TRANSFORMERS movie universe. Now, the Studio Series line is expanding to include the epic moments and characters from the classic 1986 The Transformers: The Movie, bringing fans a whole new series of screen-inspired figures to collect!

Transformers Studio Series 86-14 Voyager The Transformers: The Movie Junkheap
    (Ages 8 and Up / Approx. Retail Price: $33.99 / Available: Fall 2022)
    This Studio Series 86-14 Voyager Class The Transformers: The Movie-inspired JUNKHEAP figure stands at 6.5 inches and converts from robot to motorcycle mode in 22 steps. Fans can remove the backdrop to showcase JUNKHEAP in the Junkion Dance Party scene from The Transformers: The Movie. After the Dance Party, JUNKHEAP leads the efforts to piece together the remains of ULTRA MAGNUS. Pose the figure to re-create this classic movie moment. JUNKHEAP also includes movie-inspired Armor axe and 2 wheel accessories, and features 2 molded arm plates.

Transformers Studio Series 86-15 Leader The Transformers: The Movie Dinobot Sludge
    (Ages 8 and Up / Approx. Retail Price: $55.99 / Available: Fall 2022)
    This Studio Series 86-15 Leader Class The Transformers: The Movie-inspired DINOBOT SLUDGE figure stands at 8.5 inches and converts from robot to brontosaurus mode in 31 steps. DINOBOT SLUDGE comes with a blaster accessory. Fans can remove the backdrop to showcase the DINOBOT SLUDGE figure in the Mockery of Justice scene. In the Mockery of Justice scene, SLUDGE breaks down the courtroom door and crashes the Quintesson trial. Pose the figure out and re-create this classic movie moment!

Those prices are high, especially EBGames - I'd be surprised if someone would pay that much for general retail figures. I wonder if there's some factoring in the hike in fuel costs. I hope Kmart and Target can hold off on price increases - I use Target's Deluxe price ($29) and Kmart's Voyager price ($45) for price matching. I have a feeling my approach won't work for much longer.

JJJ is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Skyfire View Post
    Those prices are high, especially EBGames - I'd be surprised if someone would pay that much for general retail figures. I wonder if there's some factoring in the hike in fuel costs. I hope Kmart and Target can hold off on price increases - I use Target's Deluxe price ($29) and Kmart's Voyager price ($45) for price matching. I have a feeling my approach won't work for much longer.
    EB are always more expensive than anyone else (or at least they were - JB Hifi have prices that I can only call "stunning"). As a consequence, the only things I purchase from them are items that won't ever get to standard retail shelves, such as the toy/comic colour Selects Galvatron from last year (or which I suspect won't make it to those shelves where I live, such as the SS86 leaders).

Amazon I use as a fall-back. I have placed orders for a bunch of stuff from Legacy wave 1, but I fully expect (under normal circumstances...) to be able to pick those toys up from Kmart or BigW or Target. Why order them at Amazon, then? Because of Sunstreaker and Trailbreaker, which, looking back now, I see as the first concrete sign of global supply disruption, a thing that is now really starting to kick in, and which I expect to last for several more years at least. And because I don't have to pay for the orders until the stock actually arrives.

So I've placed orders at Amazon for Sludge and Junkheap. I expect to find Junkheap on shelves (and I really should, because there are piles of Wreck-Gars around the place), and I hope to find Sludge at BigW (because Slag arrived there well before it got to EB), but you never know...