Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Those missing Volume #77 of TF: The Definitive G1 Collection

Default Those missing Volume #77 of TF: The Definitive G1 Collection

Whilst Hachette has been sending out some missing back issues from Transformers: The Definitive G1 Collection, it seems there are quite a few of us in Australia that still have not received the following book:

Issue: 71
    Volume: 77
    Title: Dissolution (The Transformers: Lost Light #1-8)
    Released: 04/09/2019

I've emailed Hachette once every 6 months or so about the volume and generally received a dismissive email in response. The last email response in January said:

Hi Trevor

Thank you for your email.

We are sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

Please accept my apologies for the continued delay with issue 77 and 99.

These are still unavailable, however these have been placed on back order for you to be despatched as soon as there is availability.

If you can manage to source these elsewhere, we can action a refund for you.

Apologies for any inconvenience.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Kind regards

Amanda

...which tells you how much they pay attention since they haven't charged us for the issue yet. I know of others who have emailed several times and received no response at all!

I am thinking of doing a group email to Hachette in the hopes that being contacted by multiple complainants at once may have more of an effect. It may/probably wont but its worth a go.

Anyway, if you are missing this issue and would be like to be part of the group email, please PM me your name and email address and I will put you in as one of the recipients when I send the email off down the track.

Cheers,
    Trev

Will get back to you...

I think Im still missing issue 99

Valkyrie's SDF:
    Transformer grails: MIB Minerva(the dream is OVER!!!! ), MIB Kiss Player Atariscream, MIB Kiss Player Sparkabots, Kiss Player Manga.

I'd be careful and have them clarify what they are saying - if they are saying issues 77 and 99 they may not mean volume 77

I received issue 99/volume 99 in February after a bit of a wait. One of the few cases where the issue and volume number are the same - there's got to be a less confusing way for them to do these partworks right!).

To complete my collection, I'm missing

#71 Vol 77 Disolution
    #73 Vol 56 City on Fire
    #75 Vol 70 Punishment

"Hachette will not be responsible for any Issues you are missing in your collection."

I think after this amount of time, they have moved on, so maybe it is time to resort to tracking down the last 1-3 issues from ebay.uk...

Either check the main listings for new additions,

Or, check out these two listings that have entire collections listed as individual volumes, and select the ones you need.

This one has 2 copies of 77 Disolution left, (expensive) and a lot of the later volumes.

This one has some different volumes as well (cheaper).

Both of them will post to Australia (about the same amount), but factor in shipping too.

The website has removed all books and part from a footer link basically hidden their webpage for the series... they are done.

I did an eBay search for my missing issues and found them but it was going to cost over $300 (a third of that cost just in shipping) and it’s for content I’m pretty sure I already have in other printed formats.

Just bugs me that the 100 volume series is incomplete - and I’ve learnt a lesson to never collect a part works again. It’s also a shame that the 100 volumes goes some way into the current IDW reboot which now has an ending - four or five more volumes could have completed it?

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I think after this amount of time, they have moved on, so maybe it is time to resort to tracking down the last 1-3 issues from ebay.uk...

Either check the main listings for new additions,

Or, check out these two listings that have entire collections listed as individual volumes, and select the ones you need.

This one has 2 copies of 77 Disolution left, (expensive) and a lot of the later volumes.

This one has some different volumes as well (cheaper).

Both of them will post to Australia (about the same amount), but factor in shipping too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    The website has removed all books and part from a footer link basically hidden their webpage for the series... they are done.

I did an eBay search for my missing issues and found them but it was going to cost over $300 (a third of that cost just in shipping) and it’s for content I’m pretty sure I already have in other printed formats.

Just bugs me that the 100 volume series is incomplete - and I’ve learnt a lesson to never collect a part works again. It’s also a shame that the 100 volumes goes some way into the current IDW reboot which now has an ending - four or five more volumes could have completed it?

Yes I refuse to pay five times the amount of the other volumes, especially when I have the paperbacks already. It is frustrating however to have an incomplete set when the rest of the set came to $1980, making it perhaps my biggest TF investment (even more than my two Unicron's combined!) not counting the Transformatorium Shed itself.

I will be shooting off at least one or two more emails in a month, though admittedly the likelihood of success is minimal. If people wish to join in a group email - all good. If not, no dramas.

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I'm stuck on issue 64... COIVD, jobs, finances, you know the drill.

Ready to try and pick it back up and finish the set. Don't know how hard it's going to be now, however the newsagency I ordered from were pretty good up until that point.

Though, they had staff change and that's when it fell apart. I was going to continue the subscription, but couldn't get in because of lockdown.... so they just cancelled it on me. The original guy would have called me and organised something

This is why I didnt even start. So glad I didnt. Having a full collection would be great though