• Only if cheap

1 14.29%
  • Only if something else (specify)

0 0%
  • No

1 14.29%
  • Not even interested

2 28.57%

Thread: Toy Review - SPIKE WITWICKY (Studio Series)

Default Toy Review - SPIKE WITWICKY (Studio Series)

EXO-SUIT SPIKE WITWICKY
    Series - Generations
    Sub-line - Studio Series 86
    Size/class - Core
    New/remould/redeco - New
    Wave - 2
    Released here - March 2022
    Approximate Retail Price - $20
    Approximate Size - 8cm
    Allegiance - Autobot
    Alt-mode - Excel-Suit vehicle
    Main Features/Gimmicks - head moving slider
    Main Colours - white, pale blue
    Main Accessories - x2 blast effect pieces

PHOTOS

Thoughts

Exo-Suit Spike Witwicky is one of very few stand-alone "proper" Transformer human action figures that have been released in the franchise; specially one that's sold individually. The only other one that I can think of is Super Link Kicker. Most fleshlings are sold as accessories with Transformer figures, include MP Spaniel*. Visually this toy looks better in human mode; not as lanky as MP21's, plus it has more screen-accurate white boots. The simpler transformation also means that it has fully formed hands. However, it doesn't look as good in vehicle mode as MP21's. The hands aren't concealed, the front wheels aren't white, and the rear half of the vehicle is just the human waist and legs very obviously turned 180?. However, the helmet can be turned 90? to allow the side panels to become the top and bottom panels, which is more screen-accurate.

I also really like how the arms can transform into blasters, with the blast effects being able to attach. The slider on the back of the figure allows the head to turn side to side with a range of 90?; another really nice touch that's so much less cumbersome than having to remove the helmet and pose the head. The helmet is actually not removable. The back of Spike's head is hollow, which is an unfortunate eyesore.

Overall: A really neat Core Class figure. I really hope that they've pre-tooled this as Daniel Witwicky, cos yeah... I'd be all over that like Wheelie on Dinobots.

----------------------------------------------------------
    *the figure is referred to as both Daniel and Spike on MP21 material... take your pick

The alt mode ready is an abomination. Core class, I geddit; don't expect much, but come on.

Hang on! I dropped my contact lense!

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Thoughts
    The only other one that I can think of is Super Link Kicker. Most fleshlings are sold as accessories with Transformer figures, include MP Spaniel*.
    Ga'mede was another. He had a Mircoman release with E-hobby Magnificus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Autocon View Post
    Hang on! I dropped my contact lense!
    lol.

I was rather looking forward to this one, then I saw the alt mode. Yeesh, c'mon, they can do better than that surely... I'll stick with the MP and Legends version for now thanks.

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Really looks like this Exo-suit would break the poor person inside when it transforms.

I'm really scared for this Core class Wheelie. Bad move not making him in line with the other minibots.

Quote Originally Posted by KELPIE View Post
    Really looks like this Exo-suit would break the poor person inside when it transforms.
    It's no worse than Headmasters, Targetmasters and Powermasters.

"HEAD ON!" *snap* "AAAARGH, MY BACK!"

Quote Originally Posted by KELPIE View Post
    I'm really scared for this Core class Wheelie. Bad move not making him in line with the other minibots.
    Meh, Titans Return Wheelie is to scale with other MiniBots. Besides, it's just Wheelie. Also, not as grossly out of scale as Core Class Shockwave. It's a nice enough toy, but weird considering that one of the gimmicks of Studio Series is to have a consistent scale...