Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Hasbro reveal - Legacy w2 & Robosen Trailer

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxius._ View Post
    She is a premold of Minerva which is going to be an exclusive
    Oh yeah. She doesn't resemble a Porsche 959 in Alt-mode. But basically, everything else is there to say this is Minerva.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

JJJ is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

He actually is compatible with cw limbs at least at the knee from what we can see
    The trailer ‘skeleton’ uses cw ports to attach to the thighs and I’m assuming torso
    I had a look through all the various pics available, and it doesn't seem like the arms attach via the old combiner pegs. In fact, it looks very much like the arm has a socket that clips onto some sort of peg extending out from the torso, which is the inverse of the CW method.

Finally Tarantulas, now we just need Inferno. I have mixed feelings about the new BW toys, but I really want that complete set of season 1 Predacons. The Jihaxus looks ok, but is still easily the best version of the character. Hopefully it sells well enough that the character is tacked again sometime.

I'm sure the others are fine too, but they're not for me.

The promo video for the Robosen Trailer for Optimus...

They say it is 3 feet long, which is almost a metre... that's huge, and doesn't sound right. Most of the GEN Titans are just a little over 2 feet tall.
    I didn't think that the Optimus figure was that big to result in a trailer that ends up being a metre long to be in scale.

The listing on Hasbro Pulse has it for us$750 (for release in December), which is $50 more than the original price of Optimus... so it makes it a very expensive truck and trailer.
    Optimus is coming here in a couple months time, so I'd be surprised if the trailer would come here too.

Includes:

• Robosen Flagship Transformers Optimus Prime Auto-Converting Trailer, Roller vehicle, Spike action figure, and protective foam storage case
    • Mobile App available through Apple App Store & Android App Store – search: ROBOSEN Optimus Prime
    • Rechargeable Lithium Cell Battery (2600mAh) and Charging Cable
    • Limited Edition Collectible Pack, which includes: Autobot Magnetic Car Badge, Metal Challenge Coin, Individual Serialized Number and Sticker Pack!
    • Transformers Optimus Prime Auto-Converting Robot sold separately??

Product Features:

• Modeled after the original G1 design and measuring at an impressive 3 ft (91.44 cm) in length!

• Simple and seamless connectivity syncs Optimus Prime Robot, Trailer, and Roller products to all work together via App or Voice Commands.
    • Simple voice commands open the Trailer’s rear swing doors to expose the automatic lift gate, which Roller can drive up and down.
    • Roller is stationed inside awaiting its call to engage the enemy, while the combat deck is illuminated with incredible attention to detail from the original G1 design!
    • Optimus Prime firing sound effects blast away with the integrated speaker inside the Trailer!
    • Automatically folds open to expose the illuminated combat deck and articulating sentry blaster.

• App controlled Roller is stationed inside, ready to roam on its own or two the Trailer.
    • Realistic features include swing out motorized hydraulic lifts, automatic opening back gates (doors), and a sturdy ramp (manually lowered) for Roller to zoom in and out of.
    • Autonomous Roller mounts Optimus Prime robot’s blaster for further fire power and support.
    • The Optimus Prime Auto-Converting Robot seamlessly tows the Trailer with the integrated fifth wheel coupling that easily attaches while operating in truck mode for a quick and realistic connection.
    • Powered by 60 microchips and 18 individual servo motors

• Includes protective storage case with handle for easy transportation, along with the Limited Edition Collectible Pack, which includes: Individual Serialized Number, Autobot Magnetic Car Badge, Metal Challenge Coin, and Sticker Pack!

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Oh yeah. She doesn't resemble a Porsche 959 in Alt-mode. But basically, everything else is there to say this is Minerva.
    Yeah after seeing the comparison of Elita-1 next to a comic image of Minerva I'm convinced they're going that route. They did pretty well retooling SS86 Jazz away from being a Porsche into Knockout, so hopefully they can retool Elita-1 into one.

Quote Originally Posted by JJJ View Post
    I had a look through all the various pics available, and it doesn't seem like the arms attach via the old combiner pegs. In fact, it looks very much like the arm has a socket that clips onto some sort of peg extending out from the torso, which is the inverse of the CW method.
    Yeah, I noticed the same. I do strongly agree with Jaxius that those knees look CW compatible though. It could just be a case of Legends Godbomber all over again.

Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

Pre-orders are now up on Amazon Australia, as Australian stock.

The dates are a bit weird though, as the dates on the product page appear to be different to the arrival dates on the checkout page (like the Shattered Glass Ultra Magnus says that it will be released September 15th, but will arrive at your address between August 4th to 8th... which means time travel if true).
    Considering how late the dates are on Amazon America compared to their official release dates from Hasbro, maybe see the dates as the latest they will be released by, and that they are most likely released a month or two before that.

Shattered Glass
    LDR Ultra Magnus - $104 SEP 15th

Legacy
    LDR Blitzwing - $97 AUG 15th
    VOY Gen2 Jhiaxus - $53 AUG 15th
    DLX Knock Out - $37 AUG 15th
    DLX Wild Rider - $37 AUG 15th
    DLX Tarantulas - $37 AUG 15th
    DLX Elita-1 - $37 AUG 15th

Re-release Siege Soundwave without battle damage paint (jet version, not Netflix tape player) (probably in Legacy toyline) - not listed.
    CMDR Motormaster - not listed, as it is being released in June for a toy sale first, before being released later in the year at other retailers.

The Amazon link for Jhiaxus has it called Straxxus (the dark blue Decepticon from the Marvel Gen1 comic).

The Hasbro Pulse listing for Shattered Glass Ultra Magnus says that it will come with the first issue of a 5 issue comic... but I wonder if it is just the same 5 issue comic series that came out with the first set of five toys.

Includes: Ultra Magnus figure, alt head, armor, blaster, axe, and sword accessories, and instructions.

• Part of the Shattered Glass Collection
    • Leader Class figure
    • Figure depicts the powerful Autobot general, Ultra Magnus, with deco and details inspired by the Shattered Glass universe
    • Converts from robot to truck mode in 12 steps, then to armored truck mode in 16 steps
    • Features purple Autobot logo and comes with blaster, axe, and sword accessories
    • Includes an alt head and armor accessories that attach to the figure
    • Comes with the first of a 5-issue IDW Shattered Glass miniseries with a Hasbro Pulse exclusive variant cover you can only get with the figure, featuring spot UV

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    I thought CW Motormaster was a good toy. It Just made a horrible torso for Menasor. Why they designed the hips that way I don't understand.
    Yeah, that's fair. Although forming the torso of Menasor is also a significant part of that toy's purpose. And IMO it's more important for a gestalt to have a good torso over good limbs.
    e.g. CW Blast-Off (ver 1.0) is just a repaint of Slingshot and just doesn't look like Blast-Off; but I don't think it effects the functionality or look or CW Bruticus. He just ends up with a brown jet for an arm instead of a space shuttle. I think CW Menasor suffers more from having a weak torso as it effects the whole robot. Also harder/dearer to fix; Hasbro never released a version 2.0 CW Motormaster, whereas we did get a version 2.0 Blast-Off (repaint of UW Breast Off).
    I've also owned both CW Computron and UW Computicon at one stage (sold the former); and I personally find that neither is inherently better or worse than the other; it depends on your tastes. Structurally and functionally both Computron and Computicon are fine because both Scattershots are the same core mould (just some aesthetic differences like the gestalt head, chest and vehicle tooling). I find that the torso robot can make or break a gestalt.

Heck, CW Liokaiser would be so much gooder if the torso were Leozack and Jallguar, instead of Deathsaurus (repaint of Sky Lynx). The limb robots are all fine IMO; it's the torso component that lets it down.

Man, the Prime toys takes just aren't hitting the mark at all. I liked that Knockout was a bit of a slim pretty-boy. But this one is just another chunky car bot. Which is normally fine, but not for Knockout. Its just another car bot with a Knockout head.
    These LY Prime bots are Rise of Skywalkering... trying to appeal to G1 and TFP fans at the same time, thus appealing to neither.

Tarantulas, well, I'm sure some people will be happy, but not being Transmetal makes me sad. Why does the Transmetal side of Beastwars get shoved aside?
    Early toyline bias. It happens with G1 too. Look at the majority of CHUG and MP toys; very "front end" heavy with most characters being drawn from the first 3~4 years of G1 (1984-87). The Middle G1 Years (1988-90) not as much, and the Late G1 Years (1991-93)? Uh... well there's Rotorstorm... and umm... Overlord technically counts... Ironfist, Pyro and Clench have been done as BotCon/Club exclusives; do they count? See what I mean? G1 MP is almost all front heavy; the only Middle G1 MP I can think of is Star Sabre, and that was the result of a fan poll. I cannot think of a single Late G1 MP (they could've repainted T30 Metroplex as Metro Titan, but no).

Elita-1 is an incremental improvement over the 2021 toy, and isn't it nice to see a female transformer that isn't shaped like a sexbot for a change...
    Excellent point. This has long been an issue of contention with female Transformers; they really shouldn't be looking so... "buxom". Just let robots look like robots. It's not as if the male Transformers all look like beefcakes.

Jhiaxus does look very nicely comic-y, but geez, can they at least try to get away from the jet with underslung brick look?
    Maybe it can be retooled as CHUG Gunrunner.

Jets are always hard to do; even at an MP level (none of the MP jets can fully hide the robot kibble and are technically not perfectly aerodynamic). But this Jhiaxus is trying to be G2-accurate, and uh... the original G2 Jhiaxus is basically a coffin with bat wings.

An almost-but-not-quite Delta Magnus? Hmmm...
    Slap a pair of red Autobot logos on the shoulders to cover the purple ones, only use the Diaclone-accurate super robot head and boom... it's practically a Delta Magnus. Okay, the red windows are a bit weird, but unlike Ultra Magnus, I can deal with that now.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    LY seems a little weird... and after a while we will eventually have to double up on abbreviations. Unfortunately, LEG and LG have been used recently, so maybe we can use TakaraTomy's official abbreviation for Legacy - TL (which I'm guessing stands for Transformers Legacy). I started using LG on the price comparison listing, because it is for Hasbro's toys, but some people who collected TakaraTomy toys will think it is too soon after the Legends toyline, which officially had the abbreviation of LG.
    I could use the Japanese TL, but the predominantly Hasbro audience here, it won't seem applicable. I'll see what other fansites start doing.
    Is there an inappropriate meaning of LY that I've missed? But yeah, as you've pointed out, "LEG" and "LG" have already been taken. TL works for me.

I don't get Elita-1's alt-mode. It just seems that Legacy is a bit hit and miss when it comes to accurate homages.
    As others have pointed out, it does seem to be a pre-tool of Minerva. The alt mode does look much more G1-accurate than the Netflix figure though. To me it looks like what Elita-1 might transform into if she scanned an Earth mode. But still left the top of her head sticking out cos... I dunno, she's a fan of Energon Ironhide?

Jhiaxus is one that really nailed the robot mode, but unfortunately the jet mode suffered (it was a comic character that wasn't based on a toy, so the artists probably didn't think they needed to worry too much about IF it could transform).
    Yup. This is precisely what happens when you go for source-accuracy with Transformers that were never meant to be toys. This is why Generations Straxus (Darkmount) transforms into a tank, not a ridiculous looking space cannon.

I horrendously overpaid for a t30 one at a convention only for it to be missing something or damaged and i never managed to get a replacement
    So despite preordering the new one i still wouldn't mind the old one if its not an insane price
    I'll be selling mine for no more than $30 (ono).

JJJ is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tha_Phantom View Post
    Yeah, I noticed the same. I do strongly agree with Jaxius that those knees look CW compatible though.
    Oh, no question at all about the legs, definitely the CW connectors there.

Tarantulus is great!!