Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Hasbro reveal - Legacy w2 & Robosen Trailer

Default Hasbro reveal - Legacy w2 & Robosen Trailer

The new reveals are in...

(images to come shortly)

Video screencaps here - official images here.

Robosen Optimus with Trailer - not anew character toy (the video teaser last week looked like it would be), but the expensive Optimus now gets an expensive trailer with Roller.

Forged to Fight game news
    IDW comic news

Legacy
    CMDR Motormaster
    LDR Blitzwing
    VOY Gen2 Jhiaxus (jet - new, very much like the comic Jhiaxus, finally)
    DLX Knock Out (red car from Prime Universe - getting a bit of attention lately, after getting a R.E.D. toy a couple months ago)
    DLX Wild Rider
    DLX Tarantulas (finally completes the original Beast Wars cartoon cast of 10)
    DLX Elita-1 (new - back to being a car)

Re-release Siege Soundwave without battle damage paint (jet version, not Netflix tape player) (probably in Legacy toyline)

Shattered Glass
    LDR Ultra Magnus (blue & red redeco with new head)

Transformers Generations Legacy Commander Motormaster
    (Ages 8 and Up / Approx. Retail Price: $89.99 / Available: August 2022)
    This TRANSFORMERS: LEGACY 13-inch COMMANDER DECEPTICON MOTORMASTER robot toy is inspired by the animated series, The Transformers, updated with a Generations-style design. MOTORMASTER wants to be known as “King of the Road” and will run down anyone sharing his highway!
    MOTORMASTER action figure converts from truck to robot in 23 steps and the trailer converts into a battle station in 23 steps. The figure comes with Energon sword and Energon blaster accessories. DECEPTICON MOTORMASTER can also combine with DELUXE STUNTICON figures across the line to form MENASOR (each sold separately, subject to availability)!
    Universes collide! TRANSFORMERS: LEGACY brings together fan-favorite characters from across every generation of TRANSFORMERS with figures featuring deco inspired by their universe. In honor of the almost 40-year legacy of TRANSFORMERS entertainment, the fandoms come together from across TRANSFORMERS realities, all in one toy line. Scan the code on each package to reveal character tech specs from across the multiverse! Collect other LEGACY figures to reveal their character tech specs (each sold separately, subject to availability). TRANSFORMERS: LEGACY action figures are great kids’ toys and exciting collectibles for fans of all ages.

Transformers Generations Legacy Leader Blitzwing

(Ages 8 and Up / Approx. Retail Price: $55.99 / Available: July 2022)
    This TRANSFORMERS: LEGACY 7-inch LEADER BLITZWING robot toy is inspired by the animated series, The Transformers, updated with a Generations-style design. BLITZWING terrorizes his opponents by switching between his three modes in battle, laughing all the while! The triple changer action figure converts from robot to jet mode in 32 steps and from robot to tank mode in 41 steps. BLITZWING also comes with a sword, 2 blaster accessories and features a rotating turret in tank mode.
    Universes collide! TRANSFORMERS: LEGACY brings together fan-favorite characters from across every generation of TRANSFORMERS with figures featuring deco inspired by their universe. In honor of the almost 40-year legacy of TRANSFORMERS entertainment, the fandoms come together from across TRANSFORMERS realities, all in one toy line. Scan the code on each package to reveal character tech specs from across the multiverse! Collect other LEGACY figures to reveal their character tech specs (each sold separately, subject to availability). TRANSFORMERS: LEGACY action figures are great kids’ toys and exciting collectibles for fans of all ages.

Transformers Generations Legacy Voyager G2 Universe Jhiaxus
    (Ages 8 and Up / Approx. Retail Price: $33.99 / Available: Month Day, Year)
    This TRANSFORMERS: LEGACY 7-inch VOYAGER G2 UNIVERSE JHIAXUS robot toy is inspired by the animated series, Transformers: Generation 2, updated with a Generations-style design. JHIAXUS is a calculated strategist, with a vision of a united Cybertron spread across the universe. The action figure converts from robot to Cybertronian jet mode in 23 steps and comes with 2 combinable blaster accessories, including an Energon blaster that attaches in both modes.

Transformers Generations Legacy Deluxe Wild Rider
    (Ages 8 and Up / Approx. Retail Price: $24.99 / Available: July 2022)
    This TRANSFORMERS: LEGACY 5.5-inch DELUXE DECEPTICON WILD RIDER robot toy is inspired by the animated series, The Transformers, updated with a Generations-style design. WILD RIDER lives up to his name. He’s a bit of a loose cannon. When he hits the road, he drives to destroy!
    WILD RIDER action figure converts from robot to sports car mode in 17 steps and comes with 2 Energon blaster accessories. The DECEPTICON WILD RIDER toy also combines as the MENASOR figure’s left leg. Collect other TRANSFORMERS: LEGACY combiner figures to form MENASOR (each sold separately, subject to availability)!

Transformers Generations Legacy Deluxe Knock-Out
    This TRANSFORMERS: LEGACY 5.5-inch DELUXE PRIME UNIVERSE KNOCK-OUT robot toy is inspired by the animated series, Transformers: Prime, updated with a Generations-style design. KNOCK-OUT is a slick-talker and although he’s a medic, he prefers to take bots apart than fix them! KNOCK-OUT action figure converts from robot to sports car mode in 18 steps and comes with battle spear accessory that breaks apart into blaster and Energon shield accessories.

Transformers Generations Legacy Deluxe Tarantulas
    This TRANSFORMERS: LEGACY 5.5-inch DELUXE PREDACON TARANTULUS robot toy is inspired by the animated series, Beast Wars: Transformers, updated with a Generations-style design. Those who wander into the lair of TARANTULUS find themselves facing his fangs. Or worse, they become the subject of his mad science experiments! PREDACON TARANTULUS action figure converts from robot to tarantula mode in 19 steps, and comes with a crossbow accessory and an Energon buzzsaw accessory.

Transformers Generations Legacy Deluxe Elita-1
    This TRANSFORMERS: LEGACY 5.5-inch DELUXE ELITA-1 robot toy is inspired by the animated series, The Transformers, updated with a Generations-style design. ELITA-1 bravely leads the resistance forces, standing fearless in the face of danger! The action figure converts from robot to Cybertronian car mode in 14 steps and comes with 2 Energon rifle accessories that attach in both modes.

Transformers: Generations Shattered Glass Leader Ultra Magnus
    (Ages 8 and Up / Approx. Retail Price: $62.99 / Available: August 2022)
    The Shattered Glass Collection LEADER ULTRA MAGNUS figure stands at 7 inches tall, converts between robot and truck mode in 12 steps, truck and armored truck mode in 16 steps, and the trailer can break apart to armor up the figure in 21 steps. This ULTRA MAGNUS figure’s deco is inspired by the Shattered Glass universe, complete with a purple AUTOBOT logo. The action figure also comes with a blaster, alt head, armor, axe, and sword accessories.
    ULTRA MAGNUS has become bored with warfare. Having ended more sparks than he can count, he sets his sights on something greater: The destruction of the universe! Discover a universe that shatters everything you know about the Transformers robots…an upside-down world where the bad guys are good, and the good guys are bad. Welcome to Shattered Glass, an alternate universe where the heroic DECEPTICONS battle the evil AUTOBOTS. Fans can explore this topsy-turvy reality with the TRANSFORMERS Shattered Glass Collection, featuring classic characters with a twist! Look for other Shattered Glass figures to build the ultimate alternate universe collection (each sold separately, subject to availability).

Last edited by griffin; 13th April 2022 at 03:48 PM.

Initial thoughts:

Motormaster is great looking in both modes. The trailer forming a skeleton to bolt the other Stunticons on will be controversial I suspect, but I like it. I never liked the Combiner Wars cars being on the shins (tops forward) as opposed to the calves (tops backward). So this Menasor will be for me. Unfortunately he will not scale against CW Devastator and will be about Siege Jetfire height.

Blitzwing's plane mode is ugly with that junk underneath it.

I like Elita-1 - nice G1 cartoon version.

And now I'm for certain not to get any of the Prime figures - just not Transformers Prime enough.

I prefer the limbs on CW Menasor. Honestly, if not for the fact that CW Motormaster is a bad toy and that LY Motormaster appears incompatible with the CW limbs, I wouldn't bother collecting all the LY Stunticons.

But I understand why LY Menasor looks the way he does. I don't see the need for any controversy... this just means that we collectors have a choice now.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyfire View Post
    Unfortunately he will not scale against CW Devastator and will be about Siege Jetfire height.
    Siege Jetfire is 27cm and off memory CW Menasor is approx. 29cm. So if LY Menasor is the same size as Siege Jetfire, then he'd be close to the size of CW Menasor (give or take a few centimetres). Unless you wanted a Titan Class sized Menasor like CW Devvy or Predaking, but yeah... those are uncommon.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I prefer the limbs on CW Menasor. Honestly, if not for the fact that CW Motormaster is a bad toy and that LY Motormaster appears incompatible with the CW limbs, I wouldn't bother collecting all the LY Stunticons.

But I understand why LY Menasor looks the way he does. I don't see the need for any controversy... this just means that we collectors have a choice now.

Siege Jetfire is 27cm and off memory CW Menasor is approx. 29cm. So if LY Menasor is the same size as Siege Jetfire, then he'd be close to the size of CW Menasor (give or take a few centimetres). Unless you wanted a Titan Class sized Menasor like CW Devvy or Predaking, but yeah... those are uncommon.
    He actually is compatible with cw limbs at least at the knee from what we can see
    The trailer ‘skeleton’ uses cw ports to attach to the thighs and I’m assuming torso

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I don't see the need for any controversy... this just means that we collectors have a choice now.
    The sanest comment on this thread.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

The only one of these I'm not going to get is Knockout, and that's purely because I don't collect Prime. Everything else is a must-have.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

The push for G1 cartoon accuracy has seen me taking a hiatus from collecting over the last little while. With reference specifically to Motormaster and Blitzwing, fake parts on a mainline, retail figure is a dealbreaker to me.

The Delta Magnus figure looks great, on the other hand. I never bought the ER Magnus mold and I think it looks much better in these colours than in the Ultra Magnus colours.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

I Like quite a bit of what has been presented. Definitely want that MotorMaster. I think the trailer being used like that is quite acceptable. If you check out his base mode, you can see the skeleton's knees use a joint that looks suspiciously like the CW connection joint.
    I thought CW Motormaster was a good toy. It Just made a horrible torso for Menasor. Why they designed the hips that way I don't understand.

Ultra Magnus there is a very nice take. The shattered glass and Diaclone options is a great idea. I approve highly! Not that I've seen a Shattered Glass toy available through official channels in Japan, so I'd be surprised if this one made it...

Wildrider has a VERY nice vehicle mode, I just hope the bonnet kibble on his back can compact down a bit more.
    Jhiaxus looks very interesting. He seems remarkably lacking in plane parts, so I am very curious to see his vehicle mode.
    Elita one, cut vehicle mode, but not for me.

Man, the Prime toys takes just aren't hitting the mark at all. I liked that Knockout was a bit of a slim pretty-boy. But this one is just another chunky car bot. Which is normally fine, but not for Knockout. Its just another car bot with a Knockout head.
    Tarantulas, well, I'm sure some people will be happy, but not being Transmetal makes me sad. Why does the Transmetal side of Beastwars get shoved aside?
    blitzwing... Nah.
    Soundwave, oh man, the Siege version? Ha ha ha ha ha. Wow.

Oh, just found Jhiaxus' page on Amazon... Now I see why there is very little jet on that robot mode, PASS.

Stunticons will be mine!

I’m very impressed with these reveals. They definitely look a lot more like adult collectible kind of figures than the more toy-ish style we saw in Prime Wars or even WFC, which I think looks very professional.

Jhiaxus and Motormaster in particular look like well-designed figures. Elita is nice but we just received one in the Netflix line, so I’m not sure if I’ll end up grabbing one. Knockout looks fantastic, as does Wildrider from the front. Wildrider has a strange amount of kibble, but if it’s to ensure the fit in combiner mode then I am not as fussed. Dare I say they could go a little more stylistic on the Prime figures, some of the angles are a big part of their silhouette and are brought way down for these G1-ish figures, maybe too much for someone like Knockout.

Could end up being another golden age with Legacy given these first couple waves’ offerings, but we’ll see I guess. It seems like the trend for the CHUG lines for a few years now has been pushing the bar higher and higher. Maybe it’s my grumpy adult fan hat on here but I don’t know why we need to have the big translucent red/blue pieces on everything. It seems they otherwise got the picture that most fans just want nice figures with budget going towards the best paint and plastic quality, but still the line-wide gimmicks show up every time. If anything, I’d much rather they ditch that in favour of something like Marvel Legends’ build-a-figure pieces, with less of a chance of being chucked in every collector’s random miscellaneous crap drawer.
    Last edited by Bidoofdude; 13th April 2022 at 12:19 PM.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Seriously translucent guns, why???

I rarely buy anything outside of MP, but definitely in for the stunticons.and Jhiaxus. Will probably resist Tarantulas even though he looks great.