Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Hasbro reveal - Legacy w2 & Robosen Trailer

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    The Jihaxus looks ok, but is still easily the best version of the character. Hopefully it sells well enough that the character is tacked again sometime.
    I was under the opinion that Hasbro couldn't determine which individual characters sold well, just how well the wave sold in general?

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Excellent point. This has long been an issue of contention with female Transformers; they really shouldn't be looking so... "buxom". Just let robots look like robots. It's not as if the male Transformers all look like beefcakes.
    Difficult topic, however they should all really be gender neutral... However I get that they aren't and why they shouldn't.

For Elita and her Dunebuggy alt mode, I just hope that a) it can be tooled to look like her proper alt mode, or they don't try and ham-fist Nightbeat into that mould and b) this dunebuggy does not equal Sureshot, Joyride, Ruckus. and I seriously want those guys, but not repurposed from this.

Quote Originally Posted by KELPIE View Post
    Difficult topic, however they should all really be gender neutral... However I get that they aren't and why they shouldn't.
    Transformers have genders to make them more relatable to the audience, and because languages like English lack gender-neutral third person pronouns. The first (and only?) tech specs bio in English to have no gendered pronouns was G2 Dreadwing/Smokescreen, making them the first gender-neutral Transformers... for a short while at least - until they appeared in the G2 comics and were referred to with male pronouns. And also because the voice actors/actresses are either men or women, and will have a man's or woman's voice.

I gotta admit that Machine Men handled robot genders better than Transformers. Lipstick aside (which TFs is equally guilty of), none of the female Machine Men had effeminate body proportions. Toys were just randomly assigned as male or female and just looked like their toys. And female Machine Men with faceplates just looked the same as the male robots... you couldn't tell if they were male or female until you heard their voices.

Quote Originally Posted by KELPIE View Post
    For Elita and her Dunebuggy alt mode, I just hope that a) it can be tooled to look like her proper alt mode, or they don't try and ham-fist Nightbeat into that mould and b) this dunebuggy does not equal Sureshot, Joyride, Ruckus. and I seriously want those guys, but not repurposed from this.
    It might not be so bad if these characters have already been pre-purposed as other characters, like Nightbeat. I think that pre-tooling is a better option than retooling. e.g. Earthrise Cliffjumper was also pre-tooled as Bumblebee. It's obvious that from the outset, that mould was built to be both characters (then later retooled as Hubcap). As a result, all three figures are pretty solid. Kingdom Ultra Magnus on the other hand is clearly a retrospective retool of Siege Ultra Magnus, and does consequently suffer somewhat.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    As others have pointed out, it does seem to be a pre-tool of Minerva. The alt mode does look much more G1-accurate than the Netflix figure though. To me it looks like what Elita-1 might transform into if she scanned an Earth mode.
    Even though we never get a good look at Elita-1 in the original cartoon, we saw the front part as a pointed vehicle a bit like Arcee, which is nothing like the square car in Legacy...

...but they did homage her head poking out the top though, so I guess that's one thing. I just don't know why they chose this vehicle mode, as if the previous toys with very odd alt-modes (a boat for BotCon, a Jet for POTP, an Arcee redeco for Netflix toyline) made it okay to keep the tradition alive.

As for the claim that people are saying that Elita-1 is a "pre-tool of Minerva", I find it hard to believe because the car and robot mode of Elita-1 look nothing like the original Minerva toy or JP cartoon appearance (or any appearance that I could see on the tfwiki page for Gen1 Minerva (referring to the non-human component) and Animated Minerva), which would need a major remould t

The original Minerva toy and cartoon appearance looked more like the Jazz car than Legacy Elita-1, but if the focus is on robot modes being accurate, a remoulded SS Jazz toy might look right in car mode, but not in robot mode with the car front on the chest.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Pre-orders are now up on Amazon Australia, as Australian stock.

Shattered Glass
    LDR Ultra Magnus - $104 SEP 15th

Legacy
    LDR Blitzwing - $97 AUG 15th
    VOY Gen2 Jhiaxus - $53 AUG 15th
    DLX Knock Out - $37 AUG 15th
    DLX Wild Rider - $37 AUG 15th
    DLX Tarantulas - $37 AUG 15th
    DLX Elita-1 - $37 AUG 15th
    EBGames/Zing have put up the same toys as well for pre-order, for those who don't like using Amazon...

Shattered Glass
    LDR Ultra Magnus - $118 AUG 1st

Legacy
    LDR Blitzwing - $118 JULY 1st
    VOY Gen2 Jhiaxus - $58 JULY 1st
    DLX Knock Out - $45 JULY 1st
    DLX Wild Rider - $45 JULY 1st
    DLX Tarantulas - $45 JULY 1st
    DLX Elita-1 - $45 JULY 1st

The prices are significantly higher, but a lot earlier than Amazon dates... which I think are unreliable at this stage anyway. But was also know that EBGames dates are pretty unreliable too, so... maybe pick a date between the two and that's when they will be out.
    (July seems a little too early anyway, because wave 1 was originally going to be released in June-July, so we wouldn't be getting wave 2 that soon after wave 1)

Going back over the wave 1 pre-orders on EBGames, it had Leader Gen2 Laser Optimus for release June 1st... but word from Hasbro Australia is that the Leader class won't be released until July, so either it is being held back for some reason, or EBGames have the wrong release date (copying the date of the rest of wave 1).

RE: Elita-1
    I'm happy to just hang onto my WFC Elita-1 and skip the Legacy figure anyway. If she gets pre/retooled as Minerva, then Hasbro can shut up and take my money.

As Minerva would say, "EH!"

P.S.: I wouldn't mind seeing TL Elita-1 getting repainted as a TAXI with that protruding head being the taxi sign. We need more taxi TFs, damnit!
    (now if only we could have a bus and chicken...)

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    As for the claim that people are saying that Elita-1 is a "pre-tool of Minerva", I find it hard to believe because the car and robot mode of Elita-1 look nothing like the original Minerva toy or JP cartoon appearance (or any appearance that I could see on the tfwiki page for Gen1 Minerva (referring to the non-human component) and Animated Minerva), which would need a major remould t
    You probably have not caught up with the IDW Wreckers Treads and Ciruits comic yet as I know you have a backlog of comics. In the book Minerva is drawn looking just like this Elita-1 toy (but with a head that's more like the original version.)

The same series featured Knock Out based on the toy that's just been revealed (people picked up his comic appearance was a Studio Series Jazz retool)

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    You probably have not caught up with the IDW Wreckers Treads and Ciruits comic yet as I know you have a backlog of comics. In the book Minerva is drawn looking just like this Elita-1 toy (but with a head that's more like the original version.)
    That i very interesting, especially since on the live stream, the guy pointed out the way that Elita-1's backpack wheels can be wiggled around. Which would represent that comic Minerva a LOT.
    I wonder if they'd keep her as a headmaster.

Quote Originally Posted by zaneiken View Post
    If anyone is interested in buying the trailer, Robosen has a form for interested international customers to complete. If there are enough numbers, they'll make it happen.
    https://forms.monday.com/forms/7aeab...3ac2dc83407d42
    It is a strange way of seeing if there is interest (I couldn't find anything on their actual website), so if they really are doing something for non-Americans, I'm not sure how they were going to do it (like through an agent in certain countries, or directly from America).

The official product page on the Robosen website, with heaps of info and images, to be released in November 2022.

(the price for the trailer from the site (only to America) is us$750... but they are currently selling the Optimus cab for us$1000, which keeps going up, as it was originally released for us$700)

Another one of the Hasbro designers has been posting on Instagram for a little while now, and has released design details for Motormaster/Menasor, showing sketches and a grayscale prototype to work out the combiner mode.

Official images of the re-release Siege VOY Soundwave in wave 2 of Legacy, looking very sharp without the Siege paint apps.