Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Legacy Cybertron Metroplex revealed.

JJJ is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Ah damn. That actually looks kinda interesting, especially the way it compresses for the secondary bot mode. A little tempted now, and I don't really want AEC stuff.

I suppose I could aways wait to see if Amazon clears it out the way the Ark is being cleared out, but knowing my luck that's probably the best way to guarantee steady sales and a missed toy

I'm surprised there are not more people that want this. I hope it doesn't discourage Hasbro from doing more Titans. I still want a Monstructor and Metrotitan in Titan scale.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    I'm surprised there are not more people that want this. I hope it doesn't discourage Hasbro from doing more Titans. I still want a Monstructor and Metrotitan in Titan scale.
    It's just too much for a figure that essentially bends over to transform and doesn't have the gimmicks the original did.

I think you'll find that there a quite a few people that will pick it up once it is available at a discounted price.

A very nice looking big robot - but an alt-mode that's still as boring as the original. Yes it's a real machine. Saw some people speculating about making a fan mode base out of it.

I recall leaving work early to pick up the original in the midyear Big W sale many years ago now!

JJJ is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Huh. Gotta say I don't really find the alt-mode boring. Giant ripping machine on crawler treads. Sounds like the sort of huge and unstoppable behemoth you turn loose on the Decepticon positions.

It doesn't exactly go swoosh, but certainly fills a narrative gap in the range of toys, and there's nothing else like it.

... and I may be convicing myself even more about buying the thing. Blast.

Like the art on the box, inferno is coming!!!!

I'm tempted to buy this thing in the hopes that Hasbro starts making more UT stuff outside of the occasional repaint/retool. But from what we've seen, it really doesn't do enough to justify the price mark up, let alone the usual titan pricing. Man...

I keep checking Amazon Australia, but it still hasn't been listed yet. It was up on Amazon America the same day for us$200, and it gives the option of shipping to Australia (us$60).. but it would be cheaper to get it from EBGames!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Autocon View Post
    Like the art on the box, inferno is coming!!!!
    That was the first thing I saw on the box... and it is so tiny. It is good to see that the final season 1 cartoon character is getting a toy. I don't know if any of the leaks have mentioned Transmetals or Fuzors coming?

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    A very nice looking big robot - but an alt-mode that's still as boring as the original. Yes it's a real machine. Saw some people speculating about making a fan mode base out of it.
    My thoughts exactly. I would have liked to see a more 'reimagined' alt mode but I am still happy that we are getting a Metroplex 'Perfect Edition'.

Holding out on the pre-order but I think I'll nab him. Yeah, the alt mode could have been re-imagined or designed better, but both robot modes look cool.

Personally I just wish he came with more?? Blast effects or something to warrant it?