Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Legacy Cybertron Metroplex revealed.

I haven't been able to find an answer - is this a re-issue of the original figure, or a new figure based on that older figure?

Akky82 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by snaketales View Post
    I haven't been able to find an answer - is this a re-issue of the original figure, or a new figure based on that older figure?
    New, based on older figure but seemingly missing mini-con and cyber key. Much bigger, 22 inches.

Quote Originally Posted by Akky82 View Post
    New, based on older figure but seemingly missing mini-con and cyber key. Much bigger, 22 inches.
    For context, I saw an image that advertised that the original could extend to 12 inches

Pre-order is up on both EB Games and Zing for $348 with a $50 deposit and it's expect to be out on 1st of September 2022
    https://www.ebgames.com.au/product/t...troplex-figure
    https://www.zingpopculture.com.au/pr...troplex-figure

Meanwhile on Amazon AUS is $309 and it's expect to be out on 14th of September 2022
    https://www.amazon.com.au/Transforme...%2C333&sr=1-15

Well done Hasbro... the one time a redeco would have been better than a new mould.

They could have done Metrotitan from Metroplex or a Guardian Robot from Omega Supreme... but instead they did such a good job of homaging one of the most disappointingly engineered toys from the Cybertron toyline (a bigger toy should NOT be more simplistic with its alt-mode), that they homaged that simplistic alt-mode of a robot on its back in a fetal position. (and the two robot modes basically involve turning the toy around and folding up the legs a little)

After 16 years, Hasbro still just couldn't figure out a way of making it look less like a robot in excavator mode.
    This toy has less engineering than a $10 scout/core class toy, and not only that, but this toy is at the new higher price point for Titans (an extra us$20 in America and an expected au$50 increase in Australia).

I can see this toy shelfwarming heavily... which is probably good for those wanting one, as it shouldn't sell out, and will probably be discounted quite heavily.

The product details from the Hasbro Pulse listing for November at us$200...

• CYBERTRON-INSPIRED DESIGN: This Legacy Series Transformers 22-inch Cybertron Universe Metroplex robot toy is inspired by the animated series, Transformers: Cybertron, updated with a Generations-style design
    • UNIVERSES COLLIDE: Universes collide with Transformers: Legacy! This epic line of Transformers toys brings together fan-favorite characters from across the Transformers multiverse
    • 2 EPIC MODES: Action figure converts from robot to excavator mode in 52 steps. Features flip-down welding mask in robot mode
    • CONVERT TO WORK MODE: Convert this Cybertron Universe Metroplex Transformers action figure to work mode by flipping down the toy’s welding mask in robot mode
    • AWESOME ACCESSORIES: Comes with combining buzzsaw and claw accessories. Buzzsaw accessory stores on figure’s back. Claw accessory can grab smaller figures (each sold separately, subject to availability)

Ages 15 and up
    Warning: Choking Hazard - Small parts. Not for children under 3 years.

F2986
    Last edited by griffin; 21st April 2022 at 11:14 PM.

Presumably someone in the Hasbro PR department deleted some words, because based on the pictures this takes more than just one step!

"CONVERT TO WORK MODE: Convert this Cybertron Universe Metroplex Transformers action figure to work mode by flipping down the toy’s welding mask in robot mode"

The mask is also called out on the line before!

Quote Originally Posted by Akky82 View Post
    Thanks... at the prices listed, I'm afraid this will be a pass for me (or until discounted)

(finally added official images to first post)

Ouch! This things alt mode makes Titan Fort Max's battlestation alt mode look good....

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    a bigger toy should NOT be more simplistic with its alt-mode[/URL]), that they homaged that simplistic alt-mode of a robot on its back in a fetal position. (and the two robot modes basically involve turning the toy around and folding up the legs a little)

This toy has less engineering than a $10 scout/core class toy, and not only that, but this toy is at the new higher price point for Titans
    I don't like the figure at all, however I'm not sure I agree that Titan class automatically means the figure needs to be more complex.