Thread: MPM-13 Blackout revealed

Default MPM-13 Blackout revealed

Revaled by Hasbro China, the 13th Movie Masterpice toy is Blackout.

Includes a little non-transforming Scorponok accessory.

Some translated information via TFW
    https://news.tfw2005.com/2022/04/20/...-images-454180

TA, the first character in the “Transformers” live-action movie; TA, the dazzling Decepticon Air Force general; TA, the long-awaited MPM-13 stun!
    To pay tribute to the 15th anniversary of the release of “Transformers Movie 1”, MPM-13 is dizzy and cool! With a height of 29 cm, over 50 movable joints, and about 200 painting details, the visual shock is as good as ever! 88 steps of deformation, the “propeller” can be held as a “rotary blade crusher”, perfectly reproducing the classic shape of the movie 1!
    More images at the TFW link above

A video presentation and screenshots here too, for even more looks at the new toy... which also says that it will be 29cm tall, and has 88 steps for its transformation!

I was thinking that the Studio Series Blackout (which was a Leader class) was pretty much masterpiece level of complexity (I may have only transformed mine once), so if they made a Masterpiece version, it would only make it even more complicated. But I see that this MP version has more detailing to it, which I would expect for something that will be three times the price of a Leader class toy (it is claimed that a Target listing in America has it for us$158... which would be about au$300 if it comes here).

I think it looks really nice in robot mode, but the vehicle mode looks a little plain.
    Scorponok looks nice, but I really wished he would plug into the back of the robot mode, so that he can eject like in the movie. (I couldn't see it in any of the pictures, but I would be happy to be wrong, if it does)

I am not a fan of blast effects for a Masterpiece toy, as it cheapens it (you have a realistically detailed robot mode, but Hasbro's plastic blast effects don't look real, which looks out of place on a toy with that much detailing and realism).

If this one comes to Australia (we missed out on the last two), it will end up at somewhere expensive like EBGames... or Amazon Australia, which rarely discounts their super expensive masterpiece Transformers.

mirrored more of the official images....

So Grinder not far behind

I just saw a tweet about a 4th party company bragging that they?d secured the CAD files, and were moving into production with a KO MP-Blackout??.. at this rate, they might even beat Hasbro to production.

I foresee a boatload of eBay listings from China for MP-Blackout soon.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Considering how quickly most of the recent ones have been KOed, both toy and packaging, there must be a fair bit of money in it, so it wouldn't surprise me if someone producing the KOs are taking more desperate measures to get their KOs out quicker.

Well this is a pleasant surprise, to see the first movie toyline continuing in MPM form. It?s been a bit sparse for me as a G1 MP collector so this will definitely be a buy. Hope it has some good poseability.