Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Studio Series Fall 2022 wave - Galvatron, TCracker, Arcee, Sideways

Default Studio Series Fall 2022 wave - Galvatron, TCracker, Arcee, Sideways

Official images for two new Studio Series toys have been released by an online store, so if Hasbro are doing a "Transformers Tuesday" this week, these might be officially released in the next few hours.

SS-89 is Voyager Thundercracker from the Bumblebee Movie - a blue redeco of SS-72 Starscream.

SS-90 is Voyager Galvatron from Age of Extinction - a new mould, and below is an image of the original Galvatron toy, showing how much of an improvement this new one is.

(it was understandable if they were to skip the number SS-86 so that it wasn't confusing with the growing range of SS-86 toys, but we are also missing SS-87 and SS-88)

Hasbro designer Sam Smith on Instagram has been posting up more images and turnarounds for SS-90 Galvatron... which, as you could see above is a great improvement on the 2014 AOE toy, but still fails to have the hole in the chest go all the way through. It has the sculpting on the back and front, but a panel in the middle looks to get in the way, and they weren't able to work out a way of having it separate enough to give this toy the screen accurate hole that is even mentioned on-screen by the humans building it.
    It also has the flaw in truck mode of having the giant feet sticking up out the back, spoiling how well they got the front cab to look.

(for those unable to access Instagram, or the images get taken down soon after by their bosses, the turnaround videos and images can be seen here)

One of the Hasbro designers has posted up on instagram quite a few in-hand images of Thundercracker (from the Bumblebee movie) with the first two uses of the mould - Starscream and Thrust.

The colours look really nice, but I think the jet mode still looks too kibblish.

Then next wave of upcoming Studio Series toys, which includes the two in the first post, have started showing up as pre-orders at the usual places.

Official images and info copied from here...

SS-87 Transformers Studio Series Dark of the Moon Bumblebee Deluxe Action Figure

Product Description

• STUDIO SERIES DELUXE CLASS: Deluxe Class figures are 4.5-inch collectible action figures inspired by iconic movie scenes and designed with specs and details to reflect the Transformers movie universe, now including The Transformers: The Movie!
    • 4.5-INCH SCALE BUMBLEBEE: Figure features vivid, movie-inspired deco, is highly articulated for posability and comes with a blaster accessory inspired by the film
    • BIG SCREEN INSPIRED: Figure scale reflects the character’s size in the world of Transformers: Dark of the Moon. Figure and packaging are inspired by the iconic Battle of Chicago scene
    • 2 ICONIC MODES: Figure features classic conversion between robot and licensed Camaro modes in 39 steps. Perfect for fans looking for a more advanced converting figure. For kids and adults ages 8 and up
    • REMOVABLE BACKDROP: Removable backdrop displays Bumblebee figure in the Battle of Chicago scene. Fans can use the backdrop and pose their figures in the scene with their own style
    • Includes: figure, accessory, removable backdrop, and instructions.
    • Figure scale: 4.5 inches
    • Ages 8 and up
    • Warning: Choking Hazard — Small parts.
    • Not for children under 3 years.

SS-88 Transformers Studio Series Revenge of the Fallen Sideways Deluxe Action Figure

Product Description

• STUDIO SERIES DELUXE CLASS: Deluxe Class figures are 4.5-inch collectible action figures inspired by iconic movie scenes and designed with specs and details to reflect the Transformers movie universe, now including The Transformers: The Movie!
    • 4.5-INCH SCALE SIDEWAYS: Figure features vivid, movie-inspired deco, is highly articulated for posability and comes with a blaster accessory inspired by the film
    • BIG SCREEN INSPIRED: Figure scale reflects the character’s size in the world of Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen. Figure and packaging are inspired by the iconic Shanghai Pursuit scene
    • 2 ICONIC MODES: Figure features classic conversion between robot and sports car modes in 20 steps. Perfect for fans looking for a more advanced converting figure. For kids and adults ages 8 and up
    • REMOVABLE BACKDROP: Removable backdrop displays Sideways figure in the Shanghai Pursuit scene. Fans can use the backdrop and pose their figures in the scene with their own style
    • Ages 8 and up

SS86-16 Transformers Studio Series 1986 Movie Arcee Deluxe Action Figure

Product Description

• 4.5-INCH SCALE ARCEE: Figure features vivid, movie-inspired deco, is highly articulated for posability, and comes with a blaster accessory inspired by the film
    • BIG SCREEN INSPIRED: Figure scale reflects the character’s size in the world of The Transformers: The Movie. Figure and packaging are inspired by the iconic Battle of Autobot City scene
    • 2 ICONIC MODES: Figure features classic conversion between robot and Cybertronian car modes in 18 steps. Perfect for fans looking for a more advanced converting figure. For kids and adults ages 8 and up
    • REMOVABLE BACKDROP: Removable backdrop displays Arcee figure in the Battle of Autobot City scene. Fans can use the backdrop and pose their figures in the scene with their own style
    • Ages 8 and up

SS-89 Transformers Studio Series Bumblebee Movie Thundercracker Voyager Action Figure

Product Description

• STUDIO SERIES VOYAGER CLASS: Voyager Class figures are 6.5-inch collectible action figures inspired by iconic movie scenes and designed with specs and details to reflect the Transformers movie universe, now including The Transformers: The Movie!
    • 6.5-INCH SCALE THUNDERCRACKER: Figure features vivid, movie-inspired deco, is highly articulated for posability 2 Null Rays and arm cannon accessories inspired by the film
    • BIG SCREEN INSPIRED: Figure scale reflects the character’s size in the world of Transformers: Bumblebee. Figure and packaging are inspired by the iconic Cybertron Falls scene
    • 2 ICONIC MODES: Figure features classic conversion between robot and Cybertronian jet modes in 29 steps. Perfect for fans looking for a more advanced converting figure. For kids and adults ages 8 and up
    • REMOVABLE BACKDROP: Removable backdrop displays Thundercracker figure in the Cybertron Falls scene. Fans can use the backdrop and pose their figures in the scene with their own style
    • Includes: figure, 3 accessories, removable backdrop, and instructions.
    • Figure scale: 6.5 inches
    • Ages 8 and up

SS-90 Transformers Studio Series Age of Extinction Galvatron Voyager Action Figure

• STUDIO SERIES VOYAGER CLASS: Voyager Class figures are 6.5-inch collectible action figures inspired by iconic movie scenes and designed with specs and details to reflect the Transformers movie universe, now including The Transformers: The Movie!
    • 6.5-INCH SCALE GALVATRON: Figure features vivid, movie-inspired deco, is highly articulated for posability, and comes with cannon and rocket launcher accessories inspired by the film
    • BIG SCREEN INSPIRED: Figure scale reflects the character’s size in the world of Transformers: Age of Extinction. Figure and packaging are inspired by the iconic Hong Kong Pursuit scene
    • 2 ICONIC MODES: Figure features classic conversion between robot and licensed Argosy truck modes in 30 steps. Perfect for fans looking for a more advanced converting figure. For kids and adults ages 8 and up
    • REMOVABLE BACKDROP: Removable backdrop displays Galvatron figure in the Hong Kong Pursuit scene. Fans can use the backdrop and pose their figures in the scene with their own style
    • Includes: figure, 2 accessories, removable backdrop, and instructions.
    • Figure scale: 6.5 inches
    • Ages 8 and up

From one of the Hasbro designers on instagram, the SS-87 DOTM Bumblebee toy and design images.

Some in-hand images of the DOTM Bumblebee, to show the minor mould changes that were made to reflect the 3rd Movie Bumblebee.

And also from instagram comes SS-88 ROTF Sideways toy and design images.

From one of the designers on instagram, some information about the new parts on SS86-16 Arcee, and some comparison photos.

I probably should of done this when pre-orders popped up but I wanted to show off our Studio Series 86 Arcee.

This figure is a partial of the T30 Arcee (as you all have guessed) and there are no earthrise parts present.

(Please excuse the sample that had the factory stamps on it. Final product will not have those.)

We had a limited budget for new parts and I wanted to get an 86 Arcee in the line so I asked Takara "I don't think we have enough parts to make the earthrise Arcee look like an 86 Arcee. How would the Takara team feel if we used the T30 Arcee as a base?" And that's what we did.

This marvelous feat of engineering is brought to you by Yuki san who blew it out of the park.

I'm going to keep this short since I'll do a more thorough design breakdown later but I just wanted to show off how much character you can get with her articulation.

She has a New head, forearms, torso, legs and the rear of the car.

Her transformation even gives her an Ab crunch that really helps with her posing.

Also she has a Gerwalker mode!

Haha, I hope you all enjoy this figure and thanks for supporting the SS86 line!

After seeing some new pics of SS86 Arcee, it has pushed me over the line to preorder. I think this one will push the T30 Arcee out from my 88 movie collection.

Valkyrie's SDF:
    Transformer grails: MIB Minerva(the dream is OVER!!!! ), MIB Kiss Player Atariscream, MIB Kiss Player Sparkabots, Kiss Player Manga.

Quote Originally Posted by valkyrie_76 View Post
    After seeing some new pics of SS86 Arcee, it has pushed me over the line to preorder. I think this one will push the T30 Arcee out from my 88 movie collection.
    I'll wait till SS86 Arcee drops in price, will get her for the better vehicle mode and keep Earthrise Arcee for bot mode.

From one of the leakers comes images of the Studio Series 1986 Arcee, comparing it to the original version of the mould from 2014, and the Kingdom Arcee as well as the Cyberverse Deluxe Arcee.
    This gives us a good look at the new parts, such as much thinner thighs, new panelling at the back of the vehicle mode to hide the legs, and the new waist joint.

Looks like that TF3 Laserbeak rumour in the core class might be something you didn't expect (AKA Pink Bumblebee)
    I'll update this when I'm needing help finding particular figures

Wheely good news for the Studio Series line (SPOILER ALERT)
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!