Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Legacy Wreck N Rule Wreckers collection

Default Legacy Wreck N Rule Wreckers collection

The first of five Legacy Wreck N Rule packs (exclusive to Amazon) has been revealed, containing 2 Deluxe toys.

A US Amazon listing is up for the first (deep breath) Transformers Legacy Wreck N Rule Collection. A recolour of Impactor with what looks like a slightly different head from the previous two releases, and a more significantly remolded Paleotrex named Spindle. Not sure I'm sold on the colour scheme for these two.

• WRECK ‘N RULE COLLECTION: If a mission is a lost cause, the Autobots call in their toughest task force: the Wreckers. This elite strike team is prepared to rush in blasters-blazing and get the job done
    • THE LEADER AND THE NEW RECRUIT: Impactor is legendary for his unyielding strength and bravery in leading the Wreckers. Spindle, a new recruit, fiercely charges into battle by his side
    • CLASSIC CONVERSION & ACCESSORIES: Comic Universe Impactor figure converts to tank mode in 19 steps. Spindle figure converts to Spinosaurus mode in 28 steps. Includes 2 blaster accessories
    • ASSEMBLE THE HAMMER: Each Wreck ‘N Rule Collection pack includes with a piece of the Wreckers hammer. Collect all 5 packs to assemble and display the hammer (each sold separately, subject to availability)
    • EXCLUSIVE PACKAGING ART: Packaging features a piece of exclusive artwork. Collect all 5 Wreck ‘N Rule Collection packs to piece together the full scene (each sold separately, subject to availability)
    Release - November 1st - us$45.

Last edited by griffin; 10th May 2022 at 10:52 PM. Reason: added images and info & created new topic

Quote Originally Posted by ComradeRenko View Post
    Not sure I'm sold on the colour scheme for these two.
    A Wario-coloured dinosaur? Nah I'm totally here for it. Ordered.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

Is there any lore behind this release of Impactor?
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

JJJ is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Looking at that picture on the Amazon page, that's Impactor as he was originally envisioned during Target: 2006.

Damn it. Want... But don't want another piece of junk alongside the toy I actually have some interest in. Again.

I don't want to add a THIRD version of an official Impactor to my collection... so maybe when it's cheap

So there are five packs! How many wreckers are there?

Quote Originally Posted by Autocon View Post
    Depends on the universe. Leadfoot, Topspin and Twin Twist are rumoured to appear in the line.
    I'll update this when I'm needing help finding particular figures

Quote Originally Posted by JJJ View Post
    Looking at that picture on the Amazon page, that's Impactor as he was originally envisioned during Target: 2006.

Damn it. Want... But don't want another piece of junk alongside the toy I actually have some interest in. Again.
    I know that feeling.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

I'm kind of tempted to get Impactor, as this is the Impactor I first met in 1986, but it's a two pack and I've not interest in Spindle (so unless someone wants her and wants to split the pack...).

Impactor seems to have some remolding around the chest? And Spindle has new pieces.

JJJ is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Autocon View Post
    The standard Wreckers, as invented by Furman in 1986, were:

Impactor (didn't last...)
    Topspin
    Twin Twist
    Rack'n'Ruin
    Springer
    Sandstorm
    Broadside
    Whirl
    Roadbuster
    Ultra Magnus (but couldn't make his appointment)

Some variation on these characters, plus a scattering of new ones depending on the author, is the usual formula (such as Ironfist, Rotorstorm, Guzzle, and Pyro in Last Stand Of The Wreckers). Although the recent Tread and Circuits used none of these at all...

Interesting question, though, because it suggests we might be getting a new Whirl and Roadbuster (their last toys were from T30, almost a decade ago now), and I've not seen even a glimpse of their names on the leak lists. Also makes me wonder if there are new triple changers on the way, if there'll be re-issues (TR Broadside seems conceivable but remote, T30 Sandstorm seems out of the question), or if they'll just be skipped