Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Lego Transformers - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Phoenix View Post
    Man I want this so bad. It looks sick and it covers both my main hobbies.

The only issue I have is do I record it in my Brickset account or my itfdb account?
    Or do I double up and put it in both?

Also, do you think Hasbro will pressure Lego to re-release it again in Black and then again again in White.
    Both….

And buy 3…. Or 4… and bricklink the other colours

Lego optimus prime reveiw
    https://youtu.be/JZK9T39i5RA

Quote Originally Posted by Dkaris View Post
    It looks really good, but as someone that isn't a Lego person I always kind of get sticker shock when I actually look at the prices when things that intersect with my other interests come along

Like, he looks great, but I'm mostly just thinking about what actual Transformers I could buy with that money lol. And yeah, I don't get the fun of putting those together, but I'd probably just buy some cheap Gundam models if I wanted that

The promo video on facebook by Hasbro.

The US product page redirects to the Australian one, which was the one noted above.

Optimus Prime. Leader of the heroic Autobots. And now an impressive 2-in-1 LEGO® build for Transformers fans. Awaken your passion for the Transformers universe with this rewarding building project for adults as you craft all the details of an iconic robot.
    Hiding in plain sight
    Just like the beloved original, this Optimus Prime model converts from a robot to a truck and back again. Admire the 19 points of articulation in robot mode and open the chest chamber to store the Autobot Matrix of Leadership. Attach the jetpack in robot mode and place the ion blaster and Energon axe in the Autobot’s hands. Other authentic accessories include an Energon cube and optional waist panel. Add the plaque to display your passion for Transformers with pride.
    Welcome to your zone
    Spend quality time with premium LEGO buildable model sets for adults. This set makes an immersive project for you or a top gift idea for anyone who loves Transformers collectibles.

• Build a Transformers icon – Enjoy quality time crafting all the details of this LEGO® Optimus Prime (10302) model
    • Converts from robot to vehicle – Just like the much-loved original, this LEGO® Optimus Prime replica switches between a robot and a truck
    • Authentic accessories – Relive Transformers sagas with accessories that include the ion blaster, Autobot Matrix of Leadership, an Energon axe, Energon cube and jetpack
    • For Transformers fans – This LEGO® Optimus Prime collectible model is designed especially for adults looking for their next immersive project
    • Display with pride – Includes a display plaque so you can pay tribute to your passion for Transformers
    • 19 points of articulation – Explore all of Optimus Prime’s movements. Open the chest chamber to store the Autobot Matrix of Leadership
    • Dimensions – In truck mode, the model measures over 5.5 in. (15 cm) high, 10.5 in. (27 cm) long and 4.5 in. (12 cm) wide. In robot mode, the model stands over 13.5 in. (35 cm) tall
    • A project for adults – This LEGO® set is part of a range designed for adult building fans who love stunning design, intricate details and elegant architecture
    • Quality materials – LEGO® building bricks are manufactured from high-quality materials. They’re consistent, compatible and connect and pull apart easily every time: it’s been that way since 1958
    • Safety ensured – With LEGO® pieces, safety and quality come first. That’s why they’re rigorously tested, so you can be sure that this model is robust

I get the licensing factors into the price, but this is simply too expensive in my opinion. If lepin or similar do a ko set I'll consider it, but for now my moc Optimus suits me just fine.
    ~

Mirroring the main official images...

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

My only involvement with Lego is "Lego Masters".

Based on that, I'm scouring these images to see if there are any unique parts that "Brickman" can say, "oh, you've used the **** from Optimus Prime. That's great part usage". Doesn't seem to be any, however some Lego savvy enthusiasts might see otherwise.

I'll grab a couple. One for me sealed, and one for a mates kid who loves Lego and Transformers.

If there are no unique parts created for this set, it makes it a very expensive set per piece, at 17cents per piece (for plastic that would have cost less than a cent per piece to make).