Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Lego Transformers - Optimus Prime

Default Official Lego Transformers - Optimus Prime

Looks like the rumours were true... an official collaboration between Lego and Transformers is coming, starting with Optimus Prime.
    The teaser video on the Transformers facebook page only mentions that it is coming out June 2022 (which is not a long time away, as they could have been hyping this months ago... considering how much in advance various toys and licensed merchandise have their preorders).

No other details officially released yet, however, these product details are from a European source that is said to be very reliable, as they were the ones to reveal the existence of this item a few months back....

LEGO 10302 Optimus Prime: More details, reveal coming soon

When our first article about the upcoming LEGO 10302 Optimus Prime set went online in February, the LEGO community was upside down for some time. The news was picked up by many other sites and since then we have received almost daily requests to reveal more information about the set.
    In fact, today I have a few more details about the set for you, but first and foremost I want to emphasize again that the set is indeed real and is created in official cooperation with Hasbro. The unveiling of the Transformer could probably already take place in the next few days, with a release of the LEGO 10302 Optimus Prime I expect on 01 June 2022, maybe even once again a VIP pre-sale will take place a few days before.
    Perhaps the most pressing question that moved many of you was what form of Optimus Prime it will be. Is the model based on the Michael Bay movies? And if so, there are differences in the look of the leader of the Autobots. Should it perhaps even be the G1 version, with which so many grew up in the 80s and which they therefore wish?
    LEGO 10302 Optimus Prime will be G1 model
    In the first article about Optimus Prime, I speculated that it could probably be a version inspired by the upcoming movie Transformers: Rise of the Beasts, since it should have been released in a few weeks if it hadn’t been postponed. Apparently LEGO knows its customers pretty well, though, because in fact the Optimus Prime set won’t be based on any of the Bay movies, but will be the frequently requested G1 look.

• Set number: 10302
    • Set name: Optimus Prime
    • Pieces: 1508
    • Release Date: June 2022
    • RRP: 169,99 Euro

The LEGO 10302 Optimus Prime thus corresponds to the typical shape of a cab-over truck. You can choose whether you want to display Optimus Prime in his robot or truck form. But the good thing is that you can change your mind as often as you want. Unlike many LEGO sets, you are not forced to disassemble your A-model and assemble it in a different way to the B-model. Just like the real model from the series and movies, the transformation is supposed to work without rebuilding!

You can imagine the transformation process kind of similar to this video. The truck base forms the legs, the head is folded up from the cab, and the arms are formed from the sides of the cab. Unfortunately, LEGO Optimus doesn’t have movable knee joints, but the legs can be set about shoulder-width apart and the lower legs can be rotated. The arms, on the other hand, are fully movable. In robot mode, Optimus reaches a height of about 35 cm or 13.5 inches.
    Admittedly, this is all kept quite simple, but a great play feature, as you would expect from a Transformer, and nothing compared to having to spend hours tinkering to get the respective other model of LEGO 10302 Optimus Prime.

In addition, there are also some accessories that come with the set. On the one hand, there is Optimus‘ ion blaster and Energon axe. There will also be the Matrix of Leadership, an Energon cube and a red jetpack, as well as a small badge on which you can stick a sticker with the following information:
    Optimus Prime
    Function: Commander
    Freedom is the right of all sentient beings.
    Strength: 10

Intelligence: 10
    Courage: 10
    Speed: 6
    Firepower: 8
    Endurance: 10
    Skill: 10

https://m.imgur.com/a/HFCygbX review for taken down, but photos are here.
    ~

Can?t wait to see the Transformers and Lego collectors fighting each other emptying the shelves. I love both these toylines, but good luck finding any for the first couple of weeks.

Online at midnight at the first….

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    The teaser video on the Transformers facebook page only mentions that it is coming out June 2022 (which is not a long time away, as they could have been hyping this months ago... considering how much in advance various toys and licensed merchandise have their preorders).
    This is normal for Lego. They generally announce their Direct to Consumer sets (i.e. sets that are typically exclusive to Lego.com and their retail stores) in the calendar month before release. I re-discovered Lego before I re-discovered Transformers and was surprised just how long the lead times are for TFs!

A review or two showed up at around midnight last night, but were quickly taken down, probably because they jumped the gun (they must have thought that they were allowed to release their reviews after the teaser video was released).

Some people were quick enough to copy the images or make screenshots of the video, and you can see quite a few of them over on Seibertron.

Is this the first time Hasbro has allowed a third party to make a transforming toy out of the Transformers IP? (excluding that auto-transforming robot)
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Other licensed converting toys I can think of are some of the various happy meal toys, the gen1 electric race car set (the cars only flipped up to be Bot mode), the Bumblebee movie Ravage that came with the Soundwave action figure by 3zero (I think it was them), the Robosen Optimus, and the Jada remote control Optimus from this year.
    I dont think they completely forbid it, as I think it is just preferable that licensees do not produce converting toys that are good enough to rival Hasbro's own toys.

Man I want this so bad. It looks sick and it covers both my main hobbies.

The only issue I have is do I record it in my Brickset account or my itfdb account?
    Or do I double up and put it in both?

Also, do you think Hasbro will pressure Lego to re-release it again in Black and then again again in White.
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|