Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Lego Transformers - Optimus Prime

This was one of the images from the press release, which I really liked, so wanted to mirror it here...

It almost makes me want to get two for display.

Quote Originally Posted by Shirokaze View Post
    Do any Lego experts know if this is the type of release that will warrant repeatedly smashing F5 at Lego.com.au on release day, or will this he be fairly easy to find at retail?
    It will sell out initially but will restock and probably end up on sale. I heard that Big W picked this up so it’ll even be at retail.

I’ve just showed my wife and said it would be a good Father’s Day present and left it all up to her with the only instruction being to NOT pay RRP for it.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Looks really good. I think there's no knee articulation, but knowing all of the expert MOCers out there, someone will probably do a mod with better articulation on rebrickable sometime later on.

I imagine that the people developing this set tried it with and without knee joints, and maybe worked out that it wasn't able to transform into the truck mode (without any rebuilding) and stay stable in the vehicle mode, if it had knee joints.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I imagine that the people developing this set tried it with and without knee joints, and maybe worked out that it wasn't able to transform into the truck mode (without any rebuilding) and stay stable in the vehicle mode, if it had knee joints.
    Lego are only in the last 18 months or so starting to experiment with knee joints in their Ninjago mechs. Previously there weren’t pieces strong enough for purpose and even now that are coming up with some really cool ideas but they are far from super solid. Same as Voltron I assume they imagine this as more a display piece and less a play toy so didn’t want to compromise the stability.

I can’t wait for the day they design a significantly stronger ratchet joint. There is a piece now that can do the job, but it’s size would break the lines and not look that great.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

The Lego Optimus is supposed to be released tomorrow... in a little more than an hour's time.

It might already be known or mentioned somewhere, but according to someone at Myer, the Lego Optimus will be exclusive to the Lego site for its release, and it isn't known how long it will be after that that it is then released to retailers.

I've just placed my order online. Someone told me I could click and collect from one of the Lego stores. But I wasn't given the option at check out so I just chose delivery. It turns out you have to order on the Lego Certified Store website (which is separate from Lego.com) in order to do click and collect:

https://lego.bricksmegastore.com/pro...-optimus-prime

Lego.com allows 2 per household while the Certified Store website allows 1 per household.

Stores that you can click and collect from:
    Canberra
    Charlestown Square
    Highpoint Shopping Centre
    Karrinyup
    Melbourne Central
    Robina Town Centre
    Townsville
    Westfield Chermside
    Westfield Doncaster

Only option for pick up is Townsville. Tried to buy from other Lego store and my card transaction was blocked due to security code failure even though I SMS for other payments. Tried ringing bank and looking at site they told me in recorded message and nothing. Looks like I will wait until it hits retail.

Jellico is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Delivery over $149 was free, so not a problem.

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Sold out here.