Thread: Stretch Armstrong Bumblebee

Default Stretch Armstrong Bumblebee

Has anyone heard of the Stretch Armstrong toy?
    It was a big thing in the 70s and 80s, and has seen a bit of a resurgence lately from recent toy nostalgia, as I found that they have been releasing a lot of themed figures.... and now we have a Transformers one.
    (Stretch Armstrong was owned by Hasbro for a time, and if they still do own it, these toys appear to be licensed to some other company, as none of the packaging has Hasbro logos on them anywhere.)
    https://news.tfw2005.com/2022/11/06/...-the-uk-469668

It was found in the UK for £13.99.

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

This is exactly the type of oddball merch I'm attracted to. This is great!

Hasbro sure does own Stretch Armstrong. All the other products you're looking at (assuming you mean Goo Jit Zu and it's licensed versions) is just Moose toys doing what Moose toys does. Take other classic properties and make them their own. I assume while the trademark for Stretch Armstrong still stands, the patent has probably expired.

I don't think I saw Stretch Armstrong Bumblebee on Mighty Ape before, so here it is in stock at $38.99, plus shipping.

I remember seeing that on Amazon a few months back, but wasn't sure that it would be released here.

It's strange that Hasbro have licensed out so many of the properties they own, just to pay licensing to produce toys of other people's properties.

Stretch Armstrong is owned by Hasbro, but these ones are not done by Hasbro. Same with the recent Micro Machines (Hasbro owns them, but has someone else make them), and Monopoly was licensed out to another business for a number of years until they started doing it again themselves in the last year or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyfire View Post
    I don't think I saw Stretch Armstrong Bumblebee on Mighty Ape before, so here it is in stock at $38.99, plus shipping.
    Woo - Want so much.

I've seen the Star Wars ones it a bunch of shops, so I was hoping this would show up... Not sure if I should pull the trigger here or wait a bit longer? Also I was planning on getting two... but that price is a bit high.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    and Monopoly was licensed out to another business for a number of years until they started doing it again themselves in the last year or so.
    "The Op" (Previously USAopoly). Among other things, they are still making licensed versions of Monopoly.

I think it's smart business from Hasbro. Super excited to see what comes out of the Hasbro/Mattel agreement.

Quote Originally Posted by KELPIE View Post
    I think it's smart business from Hasbro. Super excited to see what comes out of the Hasbro/Mattel agreement.
    Hasbro Pulse just revealed their Barbie Monopoly set... so that's the first joint venture item between the two rival companies (something that would have seemed impossible just a few years ago).

Now we just have to look out for the Transformers Matchbox/Hotwheels cars, which I think was mentioned in the original press release announcement.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Now we just have to look out for the Transformers Matchbox/Hotwheels cars, which I think was mentioned in the original press release announcement.
    Yup, that and of all things, Transformers Uno...

Personally, I'm hoping for Little Things Transformers. Their He-Man and TMNT are fantastic. (same with Avatar the Last Airbender, but that's a different generation and not sure how many fans there are here):

I could totally see a batch of Transformers Little People. I'd... er.. My 2 year old would love it.

Check out others from their collector line - https://creations.mattel.com/collect...ple-collector#

Cat is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by KELPIE View Post
    Yup, that and of all things, Transformers Uno...

Personally, I'm hoping for Little Things Transformers. Their He-Man and TMNT are fantastic. (same with Avatar the Last Airbender, but that's a different generation and not sure how many fans there are here):

I could totally see a batch of Transformers Little People. I'd... er.. My 2 year old would love it.

Check out others from their collector line - https://creations.mattel.com/collect...ple-collector#
    Why are the MOTU ones for ages of no more than 101 while the Avatar ones max out at 112?
    Looking To Buy Either Siege Or Earthrise Ratchet, and Buzzworthy SS86 ER Cliffjumper.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat View Post
    Why are the MOTU ones for ages of no more than 101 while the Avatar ones max out at 112?
    Because MOTU fans are closer to the grave? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Skyfire View Post
    Stretch Bumblebee is on sale at Mighty Ape for $25 plus shipping until Dec 1 or sold out.