Thread: Excluding threads from subscriptions

JJJ is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Default Excluding threads from subscriptions

Okay, I can't figure out how to do this, please help

I am subscribed to a couple of forums so that I won't miss new threads. But I want to be able to fine-tune those subscriptions so that new posts to threads I'm not interested in don't trigger my subscriptions.

For example, I am subscribed to Soundwave's Global News. I don't buy masterpiece toys, so I don't want the new MP Trailbreaker thread popping up all the time. But I can't seem to find a way to exclude that thread from the overall forum subscription.

There is no option when subscribing to the forum to choose to be alerted to new threads only, and in the particular thread there's no option to block or unsubscribe. In my control panel there are options related to subscriptions, but none of them are for what I want to do.

What am I missing here?

Thanks.

I understand what you are wanting to do, but from what I can tell, it might not be possible. I could be wrong though, as I don't subscribe to anything (I check the "new posts" page), so if it is possible, hopefully someone else can help.

Ah, I feared as much. Oh well.

Did a web search, because I noticed that the forum is run by off-the-shelf software (vbulletin). It isn't part of the basic functionality, as it turns out - you have to add a plug-in of some sort to get it. Oh well. Now I know