• Only if cheap

1 11.11%
  • Only if something else (specify)

0 0%
  • No

1 11.11%
  • Not even interested

0 0%

Thread: Toy Review - SKIDS (Legacy Autobot Skids)

Default Toy Review - SKIDS (Legacy Autobot Skids)

SKIDS
    Series - Generations
    Sub-line - Legacy
    Size/class - Deluxe
    New/remould/redeco - New
    Wave - 1
    Released here - May 2022
    Approximate Retail Price - $39.99
    Approximate Size - 13cm
    Allegiance - Autobot
    Alt-mode - approximated Honda City Turbo hatchback
    Main Features/Gimmicks - combinable weapons
    Main Colours - navy blue with black, silver and red accents
    Main Accessories - Energon gun-axe, liquid N rifle, twin electron blaster

THOUGHTS
    The level of G1-accuracy on this toy is insane. When I think about any minor gripes that I may have about this toy, it really comes down to the Uncanny Valley thing. This toy is so damn accurate that it makes minor inaccuracies stand out to me. For example, I really wish that the hands were red instead of black, but then when I compared this toy with Thrilling 30 Skids, I was reminded that that toy's hands are a lazy blue; same as his forearms. Why is it that T30's blue hands never bothered me but Legacy Skids' black fists stand out? Uncanny Valley. Same with the panel on the back of the robot head, which really can't be helped and it's a lot better than Dragstrip's hollow head or the huge hole on SS86 Perceptor's back... but my eye is drawn to it because of the uncanny valley. So the fact that my brain is drawn to nitpick such minor things is really a compliment to this toy. I have to remind myself that other CHUG toys like T30 Skids isn't anywhere near as source-accurate, and yet it never bothered me. I would prefer for the eyes to have been yellow, not only for G1-accuracy but also to have them pop out more against his blue body. But these are really all super minor cosmetic nitpicks. I do really prefer the G1-accurate darker blue though; so much nicer than the light blue on T30 Skids.

Cosmetics aside, this is a functionally superb figure; a Poor Man's MP Skids. It's solid in both robot and vehicle modes. The Energon gun-axe is a fun little weapon, and he also comes with more G1-accurate guns. I also like how all the weapons can combine with each other. Highly recommended.

I really like mine. I feel he's about as good as the Studio Series 86 Jazz.

Cool figure and I like the transformation process. My only gripe is his arms are a bit skinny, making him look kinda malnourished.

Looking forward to getting Skids, even tho I decided to grab Dragstrip first off Amazon. Will definitely grab the Shockwave labs gap filler set off ebay and the eventual toyhax sticker set.

Funky lil car bot

Painted the hands and the neck/back flap and to be honest I was surprised at how much better it looked to me. Guess I should have taken the red tablecloth off....

An absolutely solid deluxe offering. The bot mode is great, the car mode is superb, colours on point and has all the accessories you could ask for (though the energon axe is inexplicable). I'm quite impressed the alt-mode, the panels line up perfectly and it's a nice little representation of the Honda City from last century.

Only criticism I can level at this guy is that his wheels look incredibly cheap (the push pegs hubs). But at least they're not standout yellow like Drag Strip!