Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: MOTU new toy sightings

I think I may have missed my timing but I am after an origins Webstor if anyone sees one.

JJJ is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

You won't find one in Australia at retail (that was wave 6, very briefly found at Big W this time last year). Maybe on e-bay somewhere. Or from a retailer in the US - we still see from time to time people complaining about that wave clogging shelves. If you want to pay silly money, you can find one on Amazon AU from Amazon US.

When we were in Hawaii in November I saw every figure from that wave except Webstor at Walmart. Thanks for letting me know.

Webstor is really, really expensive for some reason on the secondary market. I’d try to lock it in now though, as it’s likely to climb in price.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

I think it is the same as all the other waves - once they went out of stock at retailers (and especially once it became known that production on the waves had ceased), the prices rocketed up. Wave 2 is currently seeing re-release at US Targets, and there have been persistent rumours for about a year now that a new run of wave 3 was coming. So maaaaaaybe Wave 6 will see a new production run later this year or early next... But don't rely on my speculation here

Oh wow. While most of my Big W were clogged with the Pig-head wave, they seem to have completely skipped over the Snake-Armour He-man wave entirely and are now stocking the latest wave!!!! Snake Armor Skeletor Wave 12! Includes Roboto, a snakeman character I ‘m not familiar with, and a Rulers of the Sun figure.

Even better, it’s in English packaging, not multilingual, so we get a comic
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    Oh wow. While most of my Big W were clogged with the Pig-head wave, they seem to have completely skipped over the Snake-Armour He-man wave entirely and are now stocking the latest wave!!!! Snake Armor Skeletor Wave 12! Includes Roboto, a snakeman character I �m not familiar with, and a Rulers of the Sun figure.

Even better, it�s in English packaging, not multilingual, so we get a comic
    Whaaaaaat?!?!? That wave (wave 12, Snake Armour Skelly, mini-comic Roboto, Tung Lashor, and Hypno) is barely out at the US vendors who get stuff the very earliest, and isn't expected at general retail for ages yet.

Where is this Big W, and how do I get my Big W to stock stuff, damn it?

All four figures from that wave were at Big W Pacific Fair, Broadbeach. But all the local ones on the coast are still clogged with Wave 10 Pigmans. I’ve seen three or four in a store, so looks like they restocked and got more wave 10.

If you want to maximise your chance, go to the Big W website for the MOTU Origins assortment, and use the postcode finder. Anything with low stock will be a bust, but if you see ‘In Stock’ then it’s likely to have been a restock. Whether it will be with Wave 11, or Wave 12, I couldn’t say.

The other option would be to order like a lot of them online, and just return the ones you don’t want. I’ve never tried that, but I assume they’d accept them. I’d order more than 4, so they HAVE to source it from a new case.

These were found at two Big W stores in WA today:

2023-02-03 20.43.24.jpg

Both wave 11 and 12 at Big W? Maybe they have indeed finally managed to get their shit in order with regard to stock. There's a Melbourne e-bayer with wave 12 on hand as well now.