Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTU new toy sightings

Default MOTU new toy sightings

Sightings for Masters of the Universe toys that are new toys out at retail or major online in Australia - not vintage or retro toys.
    (never really had a new-toys topic here, because the last new series was mostly over by the time we started up this board)

-------------------------------

I saw some new MOTU toys at a BigW last week, and as someone who can't (legally) watch the new cartoons yet, some of these were a bit strange.

Is Stratos a female, or is the toy and artwork just very androgynous?

Battlecat... then and now...

Ram Ma'am??? Okay...

I had recently posted up a pic from Kmart of how there were a lot of retro toys out at the moment, and here we have it at BigW all together, straight out of the 80s and 80s with Beast Wars, TMNT, Power Rangers and MOTU...
    Last edited by griffin; 31st May 2022 at 11:46 AM.

Kranix is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I had recently posted up a pic from Kmart of how there were a lot of retro toys out at the moment, and here we have it at BigW all together, straight out of the 80s and 80s with Beast Wars, TMNT, Power Rangers and MOTU...
    Those classic TMNT look very cool I loved TMNT as a kid but not payed it any attention as an adult but that pic is getting me going

M.A.S.K is the reissue I would love to see but I don't think it will happen.

I haven't watched the new 3D animated cartoon, but I do know the recast Ram Man as Ram Ma'am (which you have pictured)

I think the artwork for Stratos is just an unfortunate effect of trying to paint a silver highlight on a curved body, highlighting the chest, rather than being intentionally androgenous

Stratos is a guy

On Saturday at Mr Toys in the Brisbane CBD - more of what I saw at BigW a few days earlier.
    The Castle Grayskull looks really nice, and only $159 - with most of the accessories of the original, and includes an exclusive figure (the Sorceress in white).

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim Prime View Post
    I haven't watched the new 3D animated cartoon, but I do know the recast Ram Man as Ram Ma'am (which you have pictured)

I think the artwork for Stratos is just an unfortunate effect of trying to paint a silver highlight on a curved body, highlighting the chest, rather than being intentionally androgenous
    Once you see the new show (which is great imho) Stratos is very manly. I bloody love this series because its good MOTU but it puts a big seagull poop on the over the top left and right crap that is dividing so many. Anyway I'm, an old man, what do I know?
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)

How good are all these toys?! I'm still waiting for Lyn and Sorceress to hit our pegs. Man-E, while an important character, is a late entrant to the show, but has massive peg exposure. I guess his gimmick is pretty cool.
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)

So theres three MOTU lines all at once! :O

More Masterverse figures appearing at Big W. Today I sighted New Eternia He-Man, and New Eternia Skeletor, also Teela and Merman. Merman seems to be the least popular, quiet a few left, the others probably all gone now.

My local Big W restocked Masterverse again, New Eternia He man and Skeletor they sold in 1 or 2 days, other wave mates still sitting on the shelf.