Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTU origins

JJJ is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Default MOTU origins

So, does anyone know if MOTU origins will be coming to Australia (presumably in the new year once the line is no longer exclusive to Walmart), and, if so, where it will be available?

I'd love to be able to walk into Kmart or Target and just see them on the pegs like I did as a child, but who knows if that'll happen...

If Mattel have an Australian customer service contact, try to see if they are willing to tell you.

People have already contacted Mattel with different results. Some say they are coming to BigW and Myer. Some say they are not. Popcultcha have them for preorder and most (like myself) have been buying them from Amazon at fairly good prices. I personally think the line is going to fail. Pegwarming badly in the U.S. Agree that it would be nice to buy them at the shops though.

I would disagree. Walmart has been unable to keep the items in stock online, frequently selling out, causing Mattel to have to increase production. Once the Netflix series hits, and then the ongoing cartoon, I think its going to go gang busters.
    The price point for these figures is really really cheap compared to other action figure lines.

Many people are reporting finding it difficult to find the figures, as collectors are mass buying whole cases then flipping them for higher prices on eBay. The market will bear it, we just need to see it released internationally. UK now has it and is selling well, and I suspect South American countries (where there is more MOTU appeal) will be quite profitable. That they?re willing to produce Castle Greyskull tells me that the figure sales are strong.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

They might be really cheap in the US, but once we apply The Australia Tax, the damned things are going to be at least $30, aren't they...

Well Popcultchs is scalping them for $35.00, so you might be right Jjj.

I can?t see any big retailers (eg Big W) selling many at those prices. But if they came close to Walmart?s plus currency, well I know I?d be buying multiples to open and display.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Interesting. I just noticed that The Little Toy Company has them for pre-order for $30 each (plus a bunch of the larger stuff too). This suggests two things - that they are indeed coming through ordinary retail channels, and that if they should show up at somewhere like Kmart, they'll be priced a bit lower than that.

I might be behind the times, but they (little-toy co) have photos (out of package) for Battle Armour He-man and Battle-Armour Skeletor. Plus the card art for Ram-man shows he?s oversized. I?m really looking forward to getting these, and ram-man comes with spring-loaded features. Not sure if battle-armour works that way too (in the classics line it was removable plates rather than spring changing.

Surprised though to see many new motu items sold out already, so they must have had low stock orders or its just a preliminary order. Very stoked to see them coming to Australia, even at those prices.

I emailed Mattel Australia and it looks like Motu origins will be available in some big W and target ,here is the reply I received from them.
    At this stage there are plans to stock a variety of Masters of the Universe product in the second half of this year and store catalogues both online and in the mail are best indicators as what is coming into the stores.
    Last edited by Adam356; 22nd January 2021 at 09:55 AM.

BulletproofVillain Australia has preorders now too, at a slightly cheaper price. Good sign that its going to hit mass retail, but unfortunately Castle Greyskull is already sold out.
    https://www.bulletproofvillain.com.a...attel-origins/