Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: MP-57 Masterpiece Skyfire Soars Supreme

At 35cm tall, with a very slight bend in the knee he?ll just fit in my display case. Really hoping he?ll be relatively easy to purchase without going through some convoluted price gougy method.

G1 Jazz in the MP line finally

"The Decepticons keep bad company - each other!" - Jazz, G2

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Oh wow, this'll test my resolve.

I'm been keeping an eye on eBay prices for Siege Jetfire... Maybe I just wait for this?

Preordered at Oh My Primus - $320. Not too bad considering the size. At the same time, shipping costs really sucked.

Quote Originally Posted by tinyJazz View Post
    G1 Jazz in the MP line finally

Tiny Jazz for tinyJazz. Ha ha!

Official page is up.
    Wow... 38.5k JPY = $410 ... this is going to be my single most expensive toy purchase.

Mirrored images and details...

The release date is noted as being January 2023, for 38,500yen (currently about au$430)... exclusive to TakaraTomyMall in Japan.
    (just noting that this Masterpiece toy is said to be 35cm tall, while the Siege toy was 32cm and had a lot of panel detailing - the MP toy is mostly flat panels, which does make it look more cartoon accurate)

• Design inspired by the G1 cartoon.
    • 35 cm tall. We have comparison shots next to Masterpiece MP-44 Optimus Prime, MP-27 Ironhide and MP-45 Bumblebee 2.0 and MP-52 Starscream 2.0. Quite a tall figure for sure.
    • Designed by veteran Takara Tomy designer Kojin Ono.
    • Includes a rifle, stand, 3 interchangeable faces (one of them, G1 toy inspired mask), two big blast effects, Autobot and Decepticon plates (inspired by the classic scene in the “Fire In The Sky” episode) and three mini-figures of Optimus Prime, Wheeljack and Jazz.
    • The aforementioned mini-figures are articulated and planned to work in the right scale for Skyfire’s jet mode. They fit inside the cockpit and other section of the jet.
    • Alt mode can still extend the robot arms and legs while transformed as seen in the G1 cartoon.

I think MP fans will be very happy, provided the QC is actually decent.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

An extra $20 ($300 v $320 at OMP) for almost double the height.. seems like a much simpler design philosophy than MP52.