Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: MP-57 Masterpiece Skyfire Soars Supreme

10 out of 10. That’s perfection.

Quote Originally Posted by High_Q View Post
    A 30min review of MP-57 Skyfire by a Japanese reviewer. I wasn't expecting a review this early.
    No box or manual in the review makes me think it was a factory leak. I recall around the time of the announcement there were already pics of Skyfire in-hand. There must be some real issues with leaks in those Chinese factories.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Wiggum View Post
    No box or manual in the review makes me think it was a factory leak. I recall around the time of the announcement there were already pics of Skyfire in-hand. There must be some real issues with leaks in those Chinese factories.
    Yeah, for this reason I deliberately have not clicked on that link. Besides, TakaraTOMY already released photos and an official showcase video. I refuse to give views to people who support thieves.

For a small toy, like a legends, or MAYBE even a deluxe I can understand someone slipping it under their clothing, or carrying it out in their prison pocket. But for a masterpiece size Jetfire, which is hulking huge relative to your typical masterpiece car, I can’t see how someone doesn’t notice that walking out the door. The official Takara video and pictures are enough without rewarding outright theft.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    For a small toy, like a legends, or MAYBE even a deluxe I can understand someone slipping it under their clothing, or carrying it out in their prison pocket. But for a masterpiece size Jetfire, which is hulking huge relative to your typical masterpiece car, I can�t see how someone doesn�t notice that walking out the door. The official Takara video and pictures are enough without rewarding outright theft.
    Slip a few dollars into the right hands at lunch time & selective blindness is real..

I like to the think they Shawshank Redemptioned it and dug a hole.in the wall while taking a piece out daily.

The scuttlebutt on TFW2005 is that Takara sent him a prototype for review, hence why no box or manual. Nothing to do with "supporting thievery" or other wild conspiracy theories. Sheesh!

The reviewer's pinned first comment on this video indicates that the reviewer received permission from Takara Tomy to publish this review using an MP-57 sample. (This is based off Google Translate since i don't read Japanese.)

Also, this review is approvingly linked from Takara Tomy's official Twitter account.
    Last edited by High_Q; 4th July 2022 at 07:51 PM. Reason: clarification

So no pitchforks then?

And no to tinfoil hats?

Man thats boring.

Valkyrie's SDF:
    Transformer grails: MIB Minerva(the dream is OVER!!!! ), MIB Kiss Player Atariscream, MIB Kiss Player Sparkabots, Kiss Player Manga.

Nah, I’m going with the narrative that Skyfire was smuggled out of a Chinese factory in someone’s butthole and TakaraTomy were so impressed that they officially endorsed the review as a sign of reverence.

Quote Originally Posted by High_Q View Post
    The reviewer's pinned first comment on this video indicates that the reviewer received permission from Takara Tomy to publish this review using an MP-57 sample. (This is based off Google Translate since i don't read Japanese.)

Also, this review is approvingly linked from Takara Tomy's official Twitter account.
    Yes, and the same thing was typed in the video's description - that this video was a 'tie-up' with TakaraTOMY and that he had access to a development sample for the video.