Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GI Joe X Transformers Bumblebee revealed.

Default GI Joe X Transformers Bumblebee revealed.

Hasbro have just announced another GI Joe X Transformers toy. This time its Bumblebee with Stalker. Much like Megatron and Baroness, Bumblebee transforms into a faithful recreation of a GI Joe vehicle, an AEW Striker.

https://www.seibertron.com/transform...evealed/46960/

Last edited by griffin; 9th June 2022 at 05:35 PM. Reason: added official images
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

The ALT mode is nice and faithful.

Not really feeling the robot mode though. Even if they did Bee, couldn't they colour him green?

Kranix is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Wow, I really like this! Can't help but feel it would have been better using Hound rather than Bumblebee but understand the choice

Screenshots from the Hasbro reveal video.

The release date on some American sites notes November 2022, so the release date in the official product info (below) might be a bit out.

The Hasbro Pulse product page also has a short turnaround video of the CG image of the toy.

Transformers Collaborative: G.I. Joe Mash-Up, Bumblebee A.W.E. Striker & Lonzo “Stalker” Wilkinson
    (Ages 8 and Up/ Approx Retail Price: us$68.99 Available: Spring 2023)

Worlds collide in this Transformers-G.I. Joe mash-up pack! G.I. Joe and the Autobots team up to protect the world! Stalker and Bumblebee, disguised as an A.W.E. Striker, work together to scout out Cobra-Decepticon strongholds. The Bumblebee A.W.E. Striker toy converts from robot to A.W.E. Striker mode in 21 steps and comes with G.I. Joe o-ring Lonzo “Stalker” Wilkinson figure. The figures feature deco and details based on the worlds of Transformers and G.I. Joe and includes cannon and weapon accessories. Accurate scale to the 1985 A.W.E. Striker toy. Packaging is inspired by a mash-up of the classic ’80s toys with retro artwork. Lonzo “Stalker” Wilkinson toy comes on a card back with file card.

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kranix View Post
    Wow, I really like this! Can't help but feel it would have been better using Hound rather than Bumblebee but understand the choice
    A lot of commenters are suggesting Beachcomber - Which would have been excellent!!

Gen1 Bumblebee doesn't make a lot of sense for that vehicle type (especially with how they have tried to shoehorn his yellow into the robot mode), but these sorts of cross-Brand toys need the most iconic characters of each Brand so that the fans of the other Brand are still keen to get it because they know who the character is.
    Bumblebee is top 3 in terms of iconic Transformers characters to the general public, while Hound wouldn't even be in the top 10.
    If it was just a Transformers toy that was turning into a military vehicle that wasn't replicating or being labelled as a GIJoe vehicle, it have then been more likely to be someone like Hound, as it is only being aimed at Transformers fans, and Hound would be the one they would better recognise in that vehicle form and colour.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Gen1 Bumblebee doesn't make a lot of sense for that vehicle type (especially with how they have tried to shoehorn his yellow into the robot mode), but these sorts of cross-Brand toys need the most iconic characters of each Brand so that the fans of the other Brand are still keen to get it because they know who the character is.
    Bumblebee is top 3 in terms of iconic Transformers characters to the general public, while Hound wouldn't even be in the top 10.
    If it was just a Transformers toy that was turning into a military vehicle that wasn't replicating or being labelled as a GIJoe vehicle, it have then been more likely to be someone like Hound, as it is only being aimed at Transformers fans, and Hound would be the one they would better recognise in that vehicle form and colour.
    Completely, that's what I meant by understanding why they chose Bumblebee. Personally, I see Hound but the world knows Bumblebee

Quote Originally Posted by KELPIE View Post
    A lot of commenters are suggesting Beachcomber - Which would have been excellent!!
    Beachcomber would have been cool too but the figure screams Hound to me

Other is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Hound would be a V.A.M.P.. Beachcomber would be the Eco Striker variant of the Striker

Dune Runner