• No

1 4.76%
  • Not even interested

1 4.76%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - Legacy Motormaster Commander class

Quote Originally Posted by Autocon View Post
    Already yellowing on a new toy :O
    Probably to do with a bad plastic mix, as opposed to being sun faded. Not excusing it, just noting a difference.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

Quote Originally Posted by Tha_Phantom View Post
    Yeah, if nothing else, think of the other Stunticons being attached as providing extra energon and processing power for such a giant robot.
    Mini-Con Powerlinx'd!

Quote Originally Posted by KELPIE View Post
    As far as the toon, in the transformation sequence, the cars still did transform into the arm, they didn't stick onto a "trailer". This is just the way the toy has managed to represent that.
    This is true.

Although Menasor's character model varied in the cartoon. Sometimes he'd be more like the toy by having the Stunticons be the arms or legs, but at other times Menasor would have his own arms and legs that the Stunticons were attached to. The latter was more common.

The more commonly seen design is really based on the animators having misinterpreted the animation model.

I noticed on the box what looks like Earthrise Megatron but with possibly the Siege Megatron head, thought it was interesting given Galvatron seemed the focus in this and the previous line. A hint at a new Megatron perhaps?

Just unboxed mine - has some areas with the weird plastic, but thankfully it doesn't bother me too much.

Haven't tried Menasor yet, but MM himself is excellent - very weighty, great looking in both modes! The trailer is also very hefty - I certainly can 'feel' the money I paid for him.

If there?s yellowing already, does that mean that everyone else?s (even if not obvious yet) is going to yellow over time?

I think I?m going to pass on the whole stunticon thing and stick with Combiner Wars.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

I haven't opened mine yet. I suppose all of ours are the same batch - 20911? To open or wait for another batch? Decisions... decisions, ha ha!

Overall, I'm echoing most of what has been typed here and think Motormaster is a great figure. The only thing I really don't like is that the gun has two side-by-side handles instead of a single central handle, so it looks weird if Motormaster or Menasor holds it as opposed to using it as a mounted weapon. It's a shame, because I like that it's a big, beefy, double-barrelled thing.

For anyone wondering how Legacy Menasor will look next to Combiner Wars figures, here is the Menasor frame next to Unite Warriors Computron:

I'm surprised how tall Menasor is - I was expecting him to maybe be a couple of millimetres taller than a Combiner Wars combiner.

Quote Originally Posted by KELPIE View Post
    I'd say yeah sure, physically as the toy is designed and from a saleability point of view, we're just sticking cars on an exoskeleton. However from a narrative point of view, he's still a combiner, with many reasons on how it works and why it works.

As far as the toon, in the transformation sequence, the cars still did transform into the arm, they didn't stick onto a "trailer". This is just the way the toy has managed to represent that.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Although Menasor's character model varied in the cartoon. Sometimes he'd be more like the toy by having the Stunticons be the arms or legs, but at other times Menasor would have his own arms and legs that the Stunticons were attached to. The latter was more common.

The more commonly seen design is really based on the animators having misinterpreted the animation model.
    It's no secret that the cartoon was inconsistent, but there are a few shots that look a lot like Menasor consists of cars attached to limbs from Motormaster when combining or disassembling.

Take a look at this combination sequence from Masquerade: https://youtu.be/PcgFqw6VSz4?t=892

In Starscream's Brigade, Breakdown and Wildrider attach to pre-existing legs: https://youtu.be/CdeazdZCDfg?t=1246

In Cosmic Rust, when Superion throws Menasor, the cars fall off the limbs as Motormaster transforms: https://youtu.be/qHtBgU2JDK8?t=1276

My upgraded Combiner Wars Menasor is actually taller than commander class Jetfire

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    If there?s yellowing already, does that mean that everyone else?s (even if not obvious yet) is going to yellow over time?
    Given that I treat my TFs like vampires (i.e. don't expose them to any sunlight); hopefully not. I've been maintaining what is effectively a dark room for my TFs for the past six years, and in that time I haven't had photodegradation happen on any new toys acquired since then.

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    Any plastic can yellow over time if not treated correctly. The issue going on here is to do with a bad mix of plastic, since it's literally only affecting some pieces of the toy and not the whole thing uniformly. I wouldn't stress about further yellowing any more than you would with any other figure.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.