0 0%
  • No

1 4.76%
  • Not even interested

1 4.76%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Toy Review - Legacy Motormaster Commander class

Quote Originally Posted by Skyfire View Post
    I haven't opened mine yet. I suppose all of ours are the same batch - 20911? To open or wait for another batch? Decisions... decisions, ha ha!
    I opened both copies I bought from Big W (both 20911) and one has no yellowing at all, while the other has very slight yellowing of his right leg retracting shin panel (the outer one - leftmost in the photo). Luckily both copies have rear trailer legs that aren't warped, but one of my swords is, which I'll address with boiling water treatment. Here's two pictures of the discoloured shin panel taken at slightly different angles - the difference in colour is mostly seen looking at an angle.

I bought this and Dragstrip on a whim and had massive buyer's remorse all the way home from Toyworld, that evaporated as soon as I opened the figures. These are great!

I really really enjoy Motormaster.

One of the highlights is the individual truck mode transformation. It reminds me so pleasantly of Fansproject Diesel.

Initially the splitting Dragstrip was a bit of a deal breaker for me but seeing that you actually have a choice (you can have Dragstrip connect as just a shoulder/bicep pad basically), and that the splitting itself is integrated into the transformation to Menasor made it easier to accept.

The only two negatives for me are the sword being too large for Motormaster but too small for Menasoer, and the turret stand chunk kibble not really integrating anywhere.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyMcShark View Post
    I bought this and Dragstrip on a whim and had massive buyer's remorse all the way home from Toyworld, that evaporated as soon as I opened the figures.
    This sentence was an emotional rollercoaster!
    My mind was going, "Awww no... YAY!"

There’s a lot of empty space in the Motormaster box!

I laughed out loud when I discovered his “shoes”.

This guy might just be my favourite Commander Class yet. We get a Truck, a Menasor and a Motormaster, all three modes of which are not terribly compromised and aren't simple upscales of G1 engineering. Motormaster is a real standout as my expectations were craptastic.