Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Transformers Fanstream reveals - SG, Velocitron, RED

Also from instagram from the designers, is Velocitron Cosmos... noted as being originally pitched as a minor remould of the Origin Bumblebee toy (swapping out three parts), but from the completed toy pictures, I don't see anything left of the original Origin Bumblebee toy.

Lets get into it! For capsule programs and the mainline as a whole, we have certain allocated funds for new molds. I wanted a Cosmos badly, to further finish the deluxe minibots collection, but just because I love this guy. His voice, design aesthetic, colors, and especially his alt mode are all 🔥
    Swipe right and you will see how I sold him in as a partial tool using the Origins BB mold. He would of been more of a new rendition of him. I just didnt think a g1 version of him was possible with the tooling allocated. But TT made it happen All NEW in 3 molds!!!
    Ittoku Kuwazu worked closely with Hasui Shogo in making this guy the best Cosmos evah! I chimed in on making the flag alt as a blaster and really worked hard on getting the proportions as close to his animation appearance as possible. As you can see from block model to final look, a lot had to happen. But with our great partnership this guy is ready to officiate the Speedia 500.

And then there was a bit of insight into Velocitron Override, on Instagram... also claiming that this toy was only a partial remould of an existing toy (Voyager Studio Series Rodimus), and yet, once again nothing seems to have remained of the original toy.
    At least on this occasion, the designer mentions that the original pitch was for a modified Hotrod toy, which he was expecting to end up giving Override a completely new look compared to the original from 2005, but the process resulted in a completely new figure.
    It would explain why it is very small for a Voyager (priced) toy, but just like Cosmos, I think this would still count as a new toy... maybe with some recycled internal mechanisms perhaps.

This is a great example of what Legacy is all about, who would of thought we’d dig deep into the ol Cybertron series eh 😉! Everything is on the table!!!
    Much like Cosmos, I had a initial sell in plan that would only require some new molds mixed with molds from the awesome Studio Series 86 Hotrod that @naveskoorb worked on. It would of been a new look for her but Im glad TT brought out the cybertronian wizard staff and figured out a way to do her in 4 new molds, a voyager!! What!!!
    You can also see some red line adjustments in sculpt I added after the detailed stage was accomplished using reference from the original animation series.
    I apologize as I couldnt find the multiple renditions of the deco stripes I did for her. I’m not one for not following sculpt to ensure a great tampo design, but I felt in the end accuracy is the move here, so I did my best to match the og. Gorgeous paint applications on her and just the color scheme pops as you can see in the size comparison shot. The ruby red tint with the gold metallic hits and then to set it off with that pop blue…wooo weeeeeee!!

From a UK online store on facebook, and an ebay listing from Taiwan (which already has these out over there), the official images for the 8 Velocitron toys...

The five Deluxe toys first...

And the two Voyagers and Leader class toys...
    (yes, the official image of Override in robot mode has the left arm completely missing)

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Also from instagram from the designers, is Velocitron Cosmos... noted as being originally pitched as a minor remould of the Origin Bumblebee toy (swapping out three parts), but from the completed toy pictures, I don't see anything left of the original Origin Bumblebee toy.
    Yeah as mentioned in that post, this is an all new mould with no used parts.

The Velocitron series has been showing up in America (Deluxe/Leader and Voyager), so shouldn't be far from coming out here.

A photo of the master carton of Deluxes confirms what we feared most, in that the two toys that are most likely to be the most sought after, will be short-packed - Cosmos and Clampdown.
    It is strange that they keep doing this when they know that master cartons hold 8 toys... and yet two of the Netflix waves had 5 Deluxes, and now the first wave of Velocitron has 5 Deluxes. (and if you remember, the VW Bumblebee was in the second wave of Netflix, and was short-packed... and was hardest to find... AND, those unique moulds/remoulds remain exclusive to Walmart for at least a year, which makes it even rarer for the near future)

More in-hand images of Cosmos... because we can't get enough of him.

And some behind-the-scenes info from the designers of the Legacy motorcycle mould that would become Arcee, Velocitron Roadrocket, and Shattered Glass Flamewar.

Hey guys, here is some behind the scenes development on the Deluxe Arcee, Road Rocket, and Flamewar.

Arcee’s inital design was kicked off by John Warden and the illustration shown here was done by @marcelomatere . You will also notice the energon weapons that were drawn by @santalux75.

Now you know I dig action masters, so I was trying here for an Axer as the alt head. After talking it over with Yuki san at Takara, he had an amazing suggestion, he wanted to do a RoadPig or a RoadRocket alt head as a female ninja to go along with Arcee’s motif. I was onboard for the Road Rocket and off we went.

You can see some of my hardlines over the sculpt to add some tings here and there, adjust some sizing, and add some sculpting flare ������. You can also see some design inputs I did for the alt head with the details to get her tires on her shoulders, which was a definite must.

You will also see some early concepting done to figure out a crossbow attribute for Flamewar. I really like to get my hands on stuff and play out the fantasy. I always pictured her as a Shattered Glass Arcee personally, but to provide another strong character in the comic the team felt like it was a strong play. The shattered glass universe has been a real treat to work on and Im glad everyone is really digging it.

JJJ is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Well, my Velocitron stuff arrived today (very surprisingly quick delivery from Singapore - it only left the country last Thursday).

The boxes were a welcome surprise - quite a bit smaller than usual. Wish Hasbro would do this with all their toys.

Cosmos is every bit as fun as the pictures made him seem, and some of the transformation, such as the head flip (have not watched any videos), took me by surprise. Not often a HasTak design does that.

There's my next few evenings sorted, opening and transforming the rest

Solid case of 8 Velocitron Cosmos. Let's hope somehow some of these make it to Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyfire View Post
    Solid case of 8 Velocitron Cosmos. Let's hope somehow some of these make it to Australia.
    I've only ever seen full character cases go to European/UK stores. I don't know why they are different over there, but maybe some European retailers will only order certain characters, rather than whole waves.